See the surgeon tomorrow morning...

Options
Nanaof10
Nanaof10 Member Posts: 57 Member

Hoping and praying that he schedules surgery asap. Scared like everyone else, but so ready to get this thing out of me! Tired of being tired aka no energy all the time, tired of the pain in my side. No appetite.

2nd CT scan done 11/29

COMPARISON: Magnetic Resonance Imaging of the abdomen without/with contrast of 9/5/2017. CT scan of the abdomen without/with contrast of 7/17/2017 and renal ultrasound of 6/1/2017.

A 1.4 cm smoothly marginated, low attenuating, homogeneous nodule is seen in the left adrenal with average Hounsfield units of -13, a benign adenoma. A 1.6 cm smoothly marginated, homogeneous, low attenuating nodule is seen in the left adrenal which demonstrates average Hounsfield units of -1, also a benign adenoma.

A few simple cysts are noted in the right kidney measuring up to 1.4 cm in greatest axial diameter. A 2 cm complex enhancing lesion is seen posterior laterally in the middle pole of the right kidney which has increased from 1.5 cm in greatest axial diameter on magnetic resonance imaging of 9/5/2017. This is an enlarging renal cell carcinoma.

The right renal vein enhances normally.

A calyceal diverticulum is seen posteriorly in the middle pole of the left kidney. A 0.5 cm enhancing nodule is seen laterally in the middle pole of the left kidney, best visualized on nephrographic series #3, slice 68 and urographic series 10, slice 68. This lesion is characterized with difficulty due to its size, however; a small solid neoplasm is not excluded.

Urographic phase imaging shows no mucosal lesion within the urinary tract. The abdominal aorta is mildly ectatic with greatest AP diameter of 2.4 cm. No retroperitoneal or mesenteric mass or adenopathy is identified.

Enlarging complex cystic neoplasm posterolaterally in the middle pole of the right kidney which has increased in size from 1.5 to 2 cm in greatest diameter over a four-month interval.

Indeterminate 0.5 cm nodule laterally in the middle pole of the left kidney, a small solid neoplasm at this site is not excluded.

Comments

• kiwi68
    kiwi68 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Good Luck

Looks like you have quite a few things to discuss with the surgeon.  Don't forget to write a list, make sure you check before you leave and maybe take someone with you.  

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    edited December 2017 #3
    Options
    Yes. A great idea to write a

Yes. A great idea to write a list! I always think I don't need one then get in there and forget my questions. Good luck!

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Good luck

its Hard but the waiting will soon be over

• Nanaof10
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who posts on this board....

I was more than ready and very well prepared when he said SURGERY. Unfortunately it can't be scheduled until January unless an opening comes up. He told me everything that this board has provided information-wise. I impressed him with my knowledge and advised him that I am on this board. He was glad that I am prepared for a Right ROBOTIC Partial Nephectomy. Now, to hear from the scheduling department for a date. He is going to watch the 'potential' cancer on the left kidney and stated that 'if it grows and shows to be RCC, we will again do surgery to remove it.' Thank you to all for helping me get thru this!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    January isn't far away!!! I

January isn't far away!!! I waited 1 mth for my surgery as well and am now 4 wks past it. It will be here and gone before you know it. Good thing you have Christmas to look forward to and keep you busy.

• Nanaof10
    Options
    Kiwi, Annissa and Wehaveno...

Thank you for responding to my post. Means alot to me. I'm so tired all the time that I don't have any energy for anything, so Christmas to keep me busy isn't an option. I have waited 6 months... what's a 2-4 more weeks? 

Question...I haven't ever seen anyone post that they had to 'clean themselves out' before surgery...like you do for a colonoscopy. Anyone have to do that? Yuck.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    My fatigue before op

was terrible....doctors always blamed it on something else

the waiting is just awful.. I wanted mine out the same day

but yes  a few more weeks and you will be on the other side

I am in Uk and we don’t do cleanse.. just midnight fasting

try to stay calm 

Annie