Newly diagnosed - is CK for us?

Options
2»

Comments

• hopeful and optimistic
    hopeful and optimistic Member Posts: 2,339 Member
    Options

In answer to your question, I am in an Active Surveillance program at UCLA, where an image is taken with a T3 MRI, then a three dimensional biopsy using the Artemis machine.

To administer HIFU a Sonoblate machine is used, previous to two or three years ago it was not FDA approved, and one had to go out of country to have this procedure at a cost of aout 25,000. There was was a multi institutional clinical test for the Sonoblate machine. My doctor who is experienced in using the Aremis machine, was in the clinical test for the Sonoblate, which uses some of the same skills in taking cores. I was offered to be included in the clinical study. My doc still does HIFU to treat localized first treatment choice, or salvage with more advanced.

The T3 multiparmetric MRI provides better definition in determining where the cancer is, and a better tool to know where you stand, and for any doctor providing  activr treatment such as FLA. ...I propose that one needs to travel to obtain the necesary diagnostic tests and treatments necessary.

I wonder if you would be a candidate for FLA since generally it is geared for men with a low amount of 3+3=6. ...well good luck if you decide to pursue this