My oncologist jump started my morning

beaumontdave
beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member

I didn't sleep well so I was still snoozing when he called promptly at 8am. He never calls in the morning, let alone first thing. I've been seeing him for almost nine years and he still doesn't know my voice, so he asks "is David there, I need to discuss his test results with him?" This is my first CT scan at a one year interval, done yesterday afternoon. One big adrenaline rush later he tells me the scan was clear and the CEA stayed steady at 2.2. So here I am, wide awake, wishing everyone here might get a similar, albeit startling phone call. It gets the day going. Next up is surgery on Dec. 11 to rein in this baby[hernia] joined to my right side and belly, followed by 6-8 weeks of no physical stuff. The plastic surgeon says they have one shot and if I screw it up, nobody's going to want to touch it again. Anyway I just wanted to bring some good news to all the people here who helped me get through the rough stuff, and be one more story for the new folk to hear. Have a great day..................................................Dave

Comments

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    So happy for you!

That is really great news!  It sounds like you've been through a long battle and have beat the cancer.  So great to know people can survive so long and be cured!

• Cindy225
    Cindy225 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Great Way to Start the Day!

Fabulous news to wake up to first thing in the morning!  Getting scans/blood tests and waiting for the results are so stressful. Deep sigh... Positive energy for your surgery coming up.  

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Way to go, Dave

You just made my day. 

Here, a treat that you deserve image.

I will be thinknig of you on the 11th. Be good, VERY good, and obey all Doctor's orders. Treat yourself to the holiday season by doing nothing to aggrivate your surgical site. Oh, don't I sound like the medical assistant (that I am). HA!

Happy, happy, happy day!

Tru

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Trubrit said:

Way to go, Dave

You just made my day. 

Here, a treat that you deserve image.

I will be thinknig of you on the 11th. Be good, VERY good, and obey all Doctor's orders. Treat yourself to the holiday season by doing nothing to aggrivate your surgical site. Oh, don't I sound like the medical assistant (that I am). HA!

Happy, happy, happy day!

Tru

Love getting my little, happy

Love getting my little, happy, dancing man. Thanks Tru!...............................................Dave

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Great

That is wonderful news.  Thank you for posting that.  Good to hear after that many years.  Hoping the surgery is a complete success.

Kim

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    What a great way to be awaken

What a great way to be awaken in the morning with such fantastic news! Congratulations Dave and good luck with your hernia surgery! 

• ellend
    ellend Member Posts: 109 Member
    Fabulous news!

Dave,

I am very happy to hear your good news! You deserve it after all you have been through.  I will also be thinking of you on the 11th, hoping your surgery goes well and that you have a speedy recovery.

Ellen

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Great news!!

I am very happy for you!!!!

• betula
    betula Member Posts: 86
    Great news!

So happy for you!  Sounds like the doctor proved that your heart is working fine too!

Betsy