I'm good for another three months - EDIT

Options
Trubrit
Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
edited November 2017 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Went to the big city to see my Oncologist yesterday. CEA 0.5 and all other bloods looking normal. 

I was really tempted to just call him and skip the office visit. (NOT 600 miles) 330 miles (nit!) is a long way to go for a five minute visit; but I do like to see him and hear it from 'the horses mouth'. 

So, happy holidays for me - sounds so selfish when I know others are struggling and some are leaving - 

Tru

Comments

• ScaredButFighting
    Options
    Yay!!!  great news!

Yay!!!  great news!

• Cindy225
    Cindy225 Member Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    All Good!

Excellent news Tru!  Long trip but face to face time with your oncologist on a regular basis is so important.  Way to go on the CEA and blood test results!  I've got a visit coming up and fingers crossed for similar results. 

Cindy

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    Options
    That's a great number.

That's a great number.

I know about doctor's appointments. I'm sure that the Oncologist could tell me what I have to do over instant chat but their model is you come in for an office visit.

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Great News

Tru:

Ironically, you recently responded to one of my posts in which I described my reaction to some goods news regarding my situation.  You advised me to accept it without a sense of guilt.  Now I offer the same counsel to you.

Rather than selfish thinking, I honestly believe that your use of the word "selfish" indicates that you have sensitivity and empathy for all who suffer from this disease.

We need to take the good news with the bad news.  Congratulations.  Enjoy the moment.

Jim

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited November 2017 #6
    Options
    Tests

I'm so happy  the test results were as you liked.   You can now truely enjoy the comming holidays!

Dan

• PamRav
    PamRav Member Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Happy happy

Joy joy.   Glad to hear your numbers are fabulous, what a set up for some happy cheerful holidays.  

Your good fortune is all our good fortune, and no one here would ever begrudge your good numbers.  We root for all, don’t we?.!!!

wish I️ could make a little man dance for you, lol. But alas your computing skills trump mine 

Congrats and may we all have your numbers someday

hugs

pam 

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Great News

I'm hoping for something similar, except the gazillioin miles of driving.  Here I was complainging about 30 minutes driving, lol.

• Mwikoff46
    Mwikoff46 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!!.. You are

Congrats to you!!!!.. You are such a sweet person and inspiring and uplifting to all...

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MAN DANCING!!!!  Yours

HAPPY MAN DANCING!!!!  Yours is better but this is all I have for now.  lol. 

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Tru,

Truly good news! I‘m so happy to read your update. 

I know what you mean about the doctor visit. Seems like we need a virtual visit option! Although I only have to drive 100 miles (considerably closer).

Phil

• Trubrit
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS!

I am such a ninny hammer  image.  The drive is only 330 miles. What was I thinking?!!!

Sorry for misleading you all. 

TRU

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up!

image Great News!

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!!!

I am so happy to see this!!!!!!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Wonderful

So glad for the news and so what about the mistake on the miles - when we are giddy with good news sometimes we make mistypes about numbers Wink.  You can now enjoy the Holidays with some sense of relief.  Thanks for letting us know.

Hugs!  Kim

• dancer2
    dancer2 Member Posts: 49
    Options
    So nice to hear read of your

So nice to hear read of your good news! Like many others I am trying to get there and to surgery,,,,,I am in nevada too, is it inappropiate to ask where you go? i was driving to to LA and back twice a month but after the 12 sessions it was a bit much to ask him to keep it up for maintenance as it did make for an over 700 mile round trip.....have a wonderful merry Christmas!

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    edited November 2017 #17
    Options
    Congratulations Tru! That's

Congratulations Tru! That's one fabulous news!  There's no such thing as being selfish when it comes to a good news about this. it impacts us all with good news and bad news. Enjoy this holiday season! 

• Joan M
    Joan M Member Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    So happy for you Tru!

News like that is worth hearing in person.  Although 330 miles is a long way to drive.  How often do you have to see your oncologist?

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'm always happy to hear good

I'm always happy to hear good news and clear scans Tru, but like you I'm hesitant to play it up, as many are struggling, but then these are the moments we all wish for, and it always lifted me a bit to hear happy tidings from anyone who goes through this stuff, so enjoy the moment.....................................Dave

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    edited November 2017 #20
    Options
    :)

imageimage

• Trubrit
    Options
    NewHere said:

:)

imageimage

Yay!

I get my NED POWER man with his N.E.D. banner. My day is complete. Thank you, New.

Tru