Happy Thanksgiving All

Options
Annabelle41415
Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member

Wishing a very Happy Thanksgiving to all of the members on this board.  Some might not be of this country, but we can all be thankful that we are still posting and helping others with our experiences and encouragement.  This board has a way of bringing people together to share a story, give a kind word or calm the fears of a terrible disease.  May all of you have wonderful day full of family, friends, love, joy and caring which you all deserve.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you this day.  Stay safe and enjoy.

Hugs!  Kim

Comments

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim and the same to

Thanks Kim and the same to you. 

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    To be thankful...

Even during the darkest moment and times of dire straights there are things for which we can be thankful, provided we look.  Cancer casts a dark and long shadow over life, but it can't extinguish our hope and thankfulness unless we let it.  Today is a nationally recognized day for everyone to be thankful.  It takes on new meaning for those with cancer.

So today when you hug a loved one, take the time to actually feel the embrace.  When you say I love you, say it with true feeling.  It makes a difference.

John Prine wrote and recorded a song entitled "Hello in There."  It is about the aged and how they become introverted due to the natural aging process (loss of vision, hearing, mobility, memory, incontinence, etc.) but also due to society.  His encourgement is for all of us to actually look at the elderly and say hello.  The final verse of his song:

So if you're walking down the street sometime
    And spot some hollow ancient eyes
    Please don't just pass 'em by and stare
    As if you didn't care, say, "Hello in there, hello"

I did it the other day in Kroger while I was struggling to push a cart down the aisle.  A small shopping cart traffic jam existed so I stopped to allow an elderly lady to pass through.  She smiled her thanks to me all the while looking at me with hollow, ancient eyes.  I said hello, and thought of John Prine.

Little moments and big events provide us reasons to be thankful.

Jim

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone

It never ceases to surprise me that I can actually be thankful for Cancer. While it is true that I wish I had never been diagnosed with it, it has definitely changed my life, for the better. OK, I wasn't a bad person, or an unhappy person before diagnosis, but I find that I am now more refined, and even though I enjoyed life before Cancer (BC), that has been enhanced to a point I never thuoght possible. I truly love every single minute of my life. 

So, I get to add Cancer to the things I am grateful for. My list is neverending. I am so happy. 

I wish all of you the best Thanksgiving possible, which of course shuold be every day of our lives and not just one specific day. But, if you are in America, and are celebrating with family, may your day be filled with love, joy, family and good food. 

Tru

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    edited November 2017 #5
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

I am thankful for all of you! Enjoy your day everyone!

• darcher
    darcher Member Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving !

We're getting ready toeat in a short while.  I'm sure we're all thankful for another holiday we're around for. 

• Tunadog
    Tunadog Member Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Try not to overeat!

Especialy if you're bagin' it.

Happy Thanksgiving 

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Wish all of you a great holiday season.

Laz

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    Options
    Tunadog said:

Try not to overeat!

Especialy if you're bagin' it.

Happy Thanksgiving 

I ignored one of my alarms

I ignored one of my alarms last night and the bag was about half-full an hour later so I woke up and emptied it. I didn't overeat yesterday - it was that I didn't eat that much during the day so had more in the evening. It's not only that you can't eat that much but you have to space out your food.