support

Hello...Im new:) Ive been reading your posts and the type of support you get makes a difference with your experience. I'm Stage 1 and didn't have to get chemo so I feel lucky for that. I'm about to start my estrogen blocker for 5 years. I've been a single mom and my biggest concern was having help with my kids (6 and 9). I had been desperate for help the last 6 years with my kids but the moment they knew I had breast cancer family members were there for my kids. I'm not minimizing breast cancer at all but for me going through surgery and treatment was a lot less difficult than being a single parent. So it sounds like I had a opposite experience from some of you in regards to support.

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited November 2017 #2
    wonderful!

Itis great you did not have to have chemo and that your family is there helping you.  You are blessed.  Please keep us posted on your health.  We all care.

Hugs,

Annie

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    NJSingleMom

Hi, I am glad that your are finally getting some support. I was also a single Mom and never got one ounce of help from my family, even with the cancer, surgeries,chemos, radiation, etc.   People just don’t understand how hard itisto raise children alone or to go through cancer treatments alone.  Accept the help now!  You are blessed.