advise for possible cancer w/no insurance

I rarely go to doctors. When i do, it's usually an emergency. Lost job & have no insurance at the moment. I've been feeling pretty bad for the most part of the past year or so. I finally decided to try to get things cnecked out. I ended up going to an adult medicine doctor at an  income based clinic in my area. He & the entire clinic & overall experience was horrible! I was treated terrible. I made a list of issues I'd been having over the past ear to take with me to go over with doctor just in case the littlike issues I normally just deal with or ignore, may be due to something more serious. I new if I didn't write things down to takeep with me I would end up forgetting. When I mentioned the list to him, he told me he already had information he needed from nurse. The nurse who had told me I could go over specificz with doctor. He did finally decide to send email to get lab work. When I got home I noticed o the paperwork for labs it said tests were for lymphoma. He also referred me to get a CT scan to check for swollen lymph nodes & for the mass & swelling in my abdomen. This was about 3 mon the ago. Still haven't had ct scan yet. Not sure what to do next due to the fact I have no insurance. Definitely will not even going back to that doctor either. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated! 

Comments

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member
    Medicaid

have you checked to see if you qualify for Medicaid?

• po18guy
    po18guy Member Posts: 1,465 Member
    My son gets coverage for free

Through our state insurance exchange.

• Evarista
    Evarista Member Posts: 336 Member
    edited November 2017 #4
    Open enrollment, ACA

It is currently the "open-enrollment" period for insurance under the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare").  I encourage you to try to meet with an official health care navigator/facilitator in your area as soon as possible.  What you can get and what you qualify for in terms of assistance is going to depend on where you live.  You may qualify for Medicaid in your state, but people here are not going to be able to answer that for you. To get yourself started, look here:  https://www.healthcare.gov/quick-guide/dates-and-deadlines/  You only have until Dec. 15 to enroll, so look into this as quickly as you can.

Did you get the results of the bloodwork?