Testing for ovarian and cervical cancer.

Options

Hello,

My name is Tracy. 

I am new at this. I have some questions if anyone can help. 

I went to my Dr do to my whole body, from toes to head blowing up like a baloon. He said I was having an allergic reaction to something. Gave me meds, went home it went away. Except for my huge belly. I had gained 20 lbs in one month, 10 of it in one week. My Dr did a belly check on me and 4 pages of x- rays, blood test. My white blood cell count came back elevated. He then did a pelvic exam, scraped my cervix for testing, then sent me to go get an abdominal ultra sound and a vaginal ultra sound. That was excruciating pain when she was looking at my left ovary. I then had to go in again for more blood test. My Dr did call and say there was no STD's or yeast infection, and those were the only test he would tell me over the phone. I have to wait till Tuesday to go in and find anything out and I'm so scared. I have so many questions and no one to ask. (By the way,  I had a partial hysterectomy, I only have my left ovary and my cervix) I had one aunt die of ovarian cancer one died of cervical cancer, my mom just died two years ago of cancer out of the blue of cancer and my uncle has cancer. I still have the big belly, bad pain in my lower back that goes into my hip and butt on the left side. I have no uterus but I had bleeding, weird, sex sometimes feels like an electric shock to my rite side of my pelvic. 

I I also have fibro, so I thought of that. But I've had that for years and never experienced any of this. 

Can someone please help me, maybe just words of encourgment, wisdom anything?  

Please, and Thank you oh so much. 

I am almost 47.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Tracy, really, with your

Tracy, really, with your family history you know you need to pay attention to your body and get looked at to see what is going on.  When you say your "dr" I don't know if you mean your PCP or your gyn?  A gynecologic oncologist specializes in below the belt cancers.  I am not saying it is ovarian cancer, I have a friend who has a cyst on her ovary that is in excrutiating pain and went to the hospital because of it. 

You are going to have to push to get some answers.  Please let us know what they find.  I hope it is nothing serious, but you do need some answers. 

• simpleserenity
    simpleserenity Member Posts: 4
    Options

Tracy, really, with your

Tracy, really, with your family history you know you need to pay attention to your body and get looked at to see what is going on.  When you say your "dr" I don't know if you mean your PCP or your gyn?  A gynecologic oncologist specializes in below the belt cancers.  I am not saying it is ovarian cancer, I have a friend who has a cyst on her ovary that is in excrutiating pain and went to the hospital because of it. 

You are going to have to push to get some answers.  Please let us know what they find.  I hope it is nothing serious, but you do need some answers. 

Test results

I find out hopefully all test results Tuesday. Thank you. 

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted

Hi Tracy,

Hopefully your symptoms are due to something other than cancer, but the only way to find out is to make sure they do diagnostic tests until you get a diagnosis.  There's no question something isn't right.  Just be persistent until they figure it out.  Keep us posted.