Glad I found this place....

Options

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I have stage 4 kidney cancer and am currently taking votrient. I am from Pa and am being treated at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. Would love to meet some people and make some new friends along the way. Feel free to ask me anything. Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Positive_Mental_Attitude
    Options
    Did you have surgery already?

Did you have surgery already?  Sorry about your having Stage 4 kidney cancer.  

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeffrey!

Welcome!

There are a number of us on this board who are, or have been, on Votrient.  Like you, I'm one of them.  I had a good three year run on Votrient; now I'm on Opdivo. You can click on my profile for the details.

I hope you have good success with it too.

Best regards

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you, but not

Hi! Nice to meet you, but not here lol. You came to the right place. People are very encouraging and helpful. We may be at different stages/places, but we all have that one thing in common. Take care and I wish you all the best!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you have to be

I'm so sorry you have to be here but you'll get a lot of really good info and support from the lovely people. Wishing you the very best and may the Votrient do its job!

• jeffrey shank
    jeffrey shank Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2017 #6
    Options

Did you have surgery already?

Did you have surgery already?  Sorry about your having Stage 4 kidney cancer.  

Surgery

No I haven't had surgery yet. I have had kidney issues for quite a while and they are trying to get them under control before surgery

• Supersum
    Supersum Member Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2017 #7
    Options
    Take care of yourself

Hi Jeffrey sorry about your bad news it can really hit us between the eyes when we get it, one day things are just moving along smoothly the next day we find ourselves here, somewhere it never crossed our minds we would be. Anyway, as the old saying goes, strangers are just friends waiting to happen, never mind how we meet.

If you find any useful advice on the forum regarding your situation and your possible surgery it might be good to bookmark it for later reference in case you can't find it later and you don't get the exact same answer when you ask some questions.

• Angie1496
    Angie1496 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Hi Jeffrey,

Hi Jeffrey,

Glad you found us!  There are alot of really good people here and lots of great advice and understanding.  I am sorry you had to be a part of our group, but I am glad there are people here that can help you while you go through this journey!  Praying for the best for you!