Path results

Options
Angiebby75
Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member

This is my pathology after the inital partial. Im not exactly sure what this all means. What stage would this be.  My doc says no furhter treatment. Will see me in 6 weeks.

What scan and test should I make sure I have.

Final Diagnosis

A. Kidney, partial nephrectomy: Clear cell renal carcinoma, Fuhrman grade 1, limited to Kidney

B Renal Lymph Nodes:

--fragmented lymp node negative for malignancy(exact count indeterminate due to fragmentation

Histologic Type  Clear cell renal carcinoma

Histologic Grade(WHO/ISUP Grade G1 Nuceoli absent or inconspicuous and basphophilic at 400x malgnification

Tumor Size (largest tumor if multiple) Greastest dimension in centimeters (cm) 4.5cm

Tumor focality: Unifocal

Anatomic Extent of Tumor : Tumor limited to kidney

Sarcomatoid features :        Not identified

Rhabdoid features :             Not Identified

Margins:                             Uninvolved by invasive carcinoma

Lymph Nodes 

Regional Nodes sites involved lymh nodes                   Other:(specify) None

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Excellent Pathology

Hi, Angie.  This looks like an excellent pathology report.  The lowest grade of RCC (grade 1) meaning it did not display cells that were agressive, contained in the kidney with Sarcomatoid and Rhabdoid features not present.  My guess is that you will have annual scans rather than six month scans after your six week visit.  

Stub

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Well

That looks pretty amazing to me

Stage is 1b

Says grade is 1 which is great news.  From my layman readings most stage 1b were grade 2 as they always use the highest grade they

find

I know you had issues with the lymph nodes and as I have had no experience I will not comment but the report looks the best possibly  you could get    Other than benign of course

My follow ups are six months  but again I will let the more experienced people comment

Great News So pleased

Annie

• Angiebby75
    Options
    stub1969 said:

Excellent Pathology

Hi, Angie.  This looks like an excellent pathology report.  The lowest grade of RCC (grade 1) meaning it did not display cells that were agressive, contained in the kidney with Sarcomatoid and Rhabdoid features not present.  My guess is that you will have annual scans rather than six month scans after your six week visit.  

Stub

Thank you helps explains the

Thank you helps explains the report. I was hoping and praying to be in the 10 percent it was benign. But i am very thankful of the lower grade.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is second best

Wow, this is second best pathology (after benign). With Stage 1 grade 1 prognosis is excellent! Congrats, and uou can breathe easy now!

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    Good path report. I'd be very

Good path report. I'd be very relieved. Grade 1 is pretty unusual so I agree; it's the second best outcome you can get. Now focus on getting well!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! What a sigh

Good for you!!! What a sigh of relief I am sure!!!

• Angiebby75
    Options
    Yes it is, hope your results

Yes it is, hope your results are better than expected.