Surgery in the morning

Options
Trucker1
Trucker1 Member Posts: 82

I sit wondering about the surgery tomorrow, excited to get the monster out , nervous to have the procedure done. We have to travel to Charlotte from our home town it's about a 2 hour drive give or take with traffic..We were told we would hopefully get a "hospitatilty room" we were packed and ready to go down but got the call and we did not to get the room to boot the Carolina panthers have a home Monday night game and hotels are 300 plus a night. A little out of budget...So we will go down in the wee hours of tomorrow morning check in by 10am surgery at noon, I was told for the open partial it will take about 4 hours and then to recovery for a few hours and then finally a room of my on sometime tomorrow night..I have worked hard on diet and exercise since this process began and I hope that helps me recover quickly. I thank you all for all the things i have learned here since the beginning of my journey. Please say a prayer for me and send me all good vibes you can!! I pray all things go well and smooth and I will  pray for each of you!!!

Trucker1

Comments

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good Luck

Trucker, good luck!  We both have had similar journies starting at the same time.  You'll do fine with the surgery, and I hope you handle anethesia better than I did.  The pain really isn't too bad, but listen to your body. Ginger ale, a warm blanket, and a surgical belt made things easier for me.  The first days home will be a little uncomfortable, but you'll feel better every day.  You're in my thoughts and prayers.

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    May you have a boring and uneventful surgery.

Trucker,

May you have a boring and uneventful surgery. Make sure the vehicle taking you home on a two hour drive has good shock absorbers and is not a truck.

Icemantoo

• daisybud
    daisybud Member Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Good luck

Sending you prayers for a quick recovery.

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    trucker

By the time you read this it will all be over

Praying it went well and you  are not too uncomfortable

Take it easy 

Hope to hear from  you soon

Annie

• Angie1496
    Angie1496 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    Thinking about you and

Thinking about you and praying everything went well!  

• kiwi68
    kiwi68 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    Sending Healing and Positive Thoughts

Good luck and best wishes.   Take it easy.   You will be in a fog.  Let others work out the logistics from here on in. 6 days post op I am rocking it but noticing each day what I have been oblivious to in my environment.    If you have any doubt about your trip home, don't do it.   Voice your concerns to the medical staff.  Sitting up right was quite difficult for me post surgery for at least 5 days, all the muscles are in spasm and behaving very very differently.  You find yourself in very odd positions trying to account for that.   Not compresses are good for referred gas pain in shoulder.   See if you can get soe that maybe could be heated up by a friendly cafe/restaurant in their microwave on the way home. 

• DreamOnDeb
    DreamOnDeb Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Good luck, Trucker!  You're

Good luck, Trucker!  You're in my prayers!  Please keep us posted!

• Optimisticgirl
    Optimisticgirl Member Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hope all went well

And your recovery has begun! Best wishes for a quick recovery and getting back to normal as soon as possible.  As others may have mentioned to you a binder/ back brace helps for support while moving, plenty of water and walking as often as possible will speed you along the way. Keep us posted!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I hope everything went well

I hope everything went well and that your recovery is smooth!!!