Here we go again :(

Hey everyone! 

It's been a while since I've posted but the cancer is back so here I am! Just wondering if anyone has experienced a cervix mets? I have been through the 5fu, Xeloda, Radiation, etc...all beginning back in 2013. Started off with a 10cm mass in my colon, and a lesion on one of my ovaries. I had all of that removed then in 2014 it spread to my liver. I had a liver resection done at that point and went on a maintainence of Xeloda. I am about to hit my 5 year mark so I am considering myself to be very lucky already. I have been on a maintainence of Xeloda off and on for the past three years. As of the last scan I have several spots on my lungs (all under a cm) and I also have a 4cm mass on my cervix which is what my Oncologist is most concerned about. I am getting ready to have my third treatment of Folfiri(sp) and the "I ran to the can"...that's what my nurses call it when they are hooking me up so I can't think of the real name)...lol :) I have just started losing my hair (which has never happened) and also have a couple of mouth sores. Still working full time and feeling pretty good for the most part. I guess my main concern is, do i still have a chance to add a few years on to my life?? I'm so worried that this is all for nothing and I've already outlived my expectations. I feel like I'm almost waiting on a bomb to go off. At some point first of the year we are going to do another scan, and hopefully we will find that the chemo is working. If it is, then docs will add the Avastin to my regiment.  

Thank you for listening!

SS    

Comments

• Tunadog
    Tunadog Member Posts: 235 Member
    Good Luck

I'm on maintenance Chemo, Xeloda and Avastin.

I seem to be tolerating it well, my CEA is down to 3.9 from 9.8. I'll have a scan soon.

Peace

• bobby66
    bobby66 Member Posts: 69
    Was the Xeloda covered under

Was the Xeloda covered under your insurance? MY oncologist wants to put me on xeloda but the deductible is to high. i guess i have to take chemo for life??? I guess that's a question that i should i ask the dr. Good luck to both of you

• Simply Southern
    Simply Southern Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2017 #4
    Tunadog said:

Good Luck

I seem to be tolerating it well, my CEA is down to 3.9 from 9.8. I'll have a scan soon.

Peace

Well hopefully I can be in

Well hopefully I can be in maintenance mode for a long time! :)

• Simply Southern
    bobby66 said:

Was the Xeloda covered under

Was the Xeloda covered under your insurance? MY oncologist wants to put me on xeloda but the deductible is to high. i guess i have to take chemo for life??? I guess that's a question that i should i ask the dr. Good luck to both of you

The Xeloda was covered under

The Xeloda was covered under my insurance, thankfully! I paid $7 a month which was great!!

• Simply Southern
    edited November 2017 #6
    Tunadog said:

Good Luck

Peace

My CEA has always been pretty

My CEA has always been pretty low. The scan before this last sacn it was actually in normal range. It creeped up and creeped up fast. I went from 4.3 to 6.9, to 11.0, then jumped to 23 then the last test, right before I started chemo was 43.0!!! i almost lost it!