What did you eat to get your energy back?

randyradiohill
randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member

I'm 2 weeks post-op and feeling pretty good.  I've even gone back into my business for a few hours 4 days last week.  I know my energy levels and fatique were going to be a problem for awhile, but I was wondering what you ate to give yourself a boost.  I'm sure we all had little to no appetite following surgery, but the only things I can even really get down is chicken soup and occassionally some scrambled eggs.  I just can'y seem to eat anything heavier and was wondering what others have done.  On the plus side I'm at my optimal weight!

Comments

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    That was me for quite a while

That was me for quite a while. No appetite and just lived on chicken broth/soup, toast, and soft boiled eggs. Slowly I started adding some broiled chicken breast and mashed potatoes to my diet. It'll take some time to be back to normal as far as eating is concerned.

• Mandakf
    Mandakf Member Posts: 11
    I felt queasy, especially in

I felt queasy, especially in the morning, for about 3 weeks following partial.  I think it was the anesthesia coming out of me.?  I’ll bet you’ll start getting your appetite back next week. 

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2017 #4
    I am not there yet but was

I am not there yet but was encouraged to juice!!! If you have a juicer it will help you!!!!!!!!!! Hope you feel better soon!

• randyradiohill
    randyradiohill Member Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2017 #5
    AnnissaP said:

I am not there yet but was

I am not there yet but was encouraged to juice!!! If you have a juicer it will help you!!!!!!!!!! Hope you feel better soon!

Juicing is great

Hi Annissa...I've been juicing for almost a year now.  I love it!  I lost 25 pounds right away and the energy it gave made me feel like I'm in my 30' again.  I'm still continuing to juice and as soon I get get completely healed, I'm going to go much heavier.  I reserached the Chrisbeatcancer and really believe in most of the stuff they recommend.  I mentioned in another post that everything you find that looks promising, there is another article that debunks it.  However, if there is one thing I know, heavy juicing can never be a bad thing.  Natural nutrition, and little to no preprocessed foods can do nothing but help.  I'm not sure if it's the "cure all" but I love feeling healthy.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member

Juicing is great

Hi Annissa...I've been juicing for almost a year now.  I love it!  I lost 25 pounds right away and the energy it gave made me feel like I'm in my 30' again.  I'm still continuing to juice and as soon I get get completely healed, I'm going to go much heavier.  I reserached the Chrisbeatcancer and really believe in most of the stuff they recommend.  I mentioned in another post that everything you find that looks promising, there is another article that debunks it.  However, if there is one thing I know, heavy juicing can never be a bad thing.  Natural nutrition, and little to no preprocessed foods can do nothing but help.  I'm not sure if it's the "cure all" but I love feeling healthy.

I used to do it years ago and

I used to do it years ago and there are still people who swear by it. I know I have def felt a difference when Ihave done it. Like you said, natural foods can't hurt!! Glad you are on the mend!!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    For me

I could only handle chicken soup and jello.

Donna~

• Supersum
    Supersum Member Posts: 109 Member
    Nutritional Powder

If you are concerned about your nutritional intake it is a great idea to supplement your food with a nutritional powder for a while until you get back into shape. 

It is advisable to take the maximum dosage at first which should be 2 or 3 drinks per day. Most have sugar but you don't need to worry about this in the short term as you recover only if you are thinking about taking one long term.

I do not know what is available in your area so you will need to do your own research.

Here is an example of one I think is available in your area it might be available in Walmart:

https://ensure.com/nutrition-products/ensure-powder

Do your own research to find the most suitable.

This powder might also come in chocolate and/or vanilla and also hi-fibre you will need to check it out.

You don't need to mix it with just water, you can try hot water, milk, soy milk, almond milk, I even saw a recipie mixed with orange juice. I would go for one of the milks myself if you like them and the powder mixes properly. 

• I was told to walk. 

I was told to walk.  Fortunately, my surgery was in July, and I lived exactly 1 mile from the beach at the time, and I walked back and forth to the beach twice per day with my son.  It was very therapeutic and it also helped me get my body right again.  I was discharged 2 days after surger, and I started walking 4 days after surgery.  It was very painful the first few days but got a bit better each day.