How soon after completing treatment did y'all get a scan?

Options
2»

Comments

• MissBlueEyes4Life
    MissBlueEyes4Life Member Posts: 35
    edited December 2017 #22
    Options
    3 months pet and mri. I have

3 months pet and mri. I have another end of this month which will be another 3 months.

• hlrowe
    hlrowe Member Posts: 80
    Options
    10 weeks

And my PET lit up like a Christmas tree. It was inflamation. i had one a few months later and it was clear.

• hepkess
    hepkess Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Scans after successful treatment

I'm with the VA. They did a PET scan every 6 months for 5 years. 

• CynAries
    CynAries Member Posts: 1
    Options
    PET scan results

In July 2017 my husband was diagnosed with stage IV cancer of pharyngeal right tonsil. He went through 45 radiation & 5 cisplatin treatments. Last Thursday PET scan showed that the tumor has shrunk but is still there & also a quarter size spot on lung. He has lost over 70 pounds no peg tube. It's been brutal for him. Mouth ulcers, muscle & joint pain, no appetite, hearing loss. All food is pureed because of trismus he has to crush all medications. He is on parenteral nutrition. As a caregiver it helps to know that there are survivors of many years out there. I thank you all for your post. I know that the road is long but we'll take one day at a time. 

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: I got a Pet Scan at

UPDATE: I got a Pet Scan at three months post treatment. However, I had an unknown and undiagnosed severe infection in my lungs at the time of the PET scan. As a result I was given a false positive for cancer spreading to my lungs - talk about freaking out! However, they scheduled a confirmative CT scan and it showed that there were no signs of cancer. Just an FYI.

As for my status, at now 4 months post treatment my original SCC, BOT, HPV+ tumor is gone and the effected neck nodes have returned to normal size and show no signs of cancer.

• johnsonbl
    johnsonbl Member Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had...

PET/CT before my second surgery and before radiation.  Had a CT only 3 months post radiation (Chest/Neck).  Will have a CT only at 12 months post radiation (again Chest/Neck...in July)...looking for lung mets.

OKCNative, that sounds horrible...glad it was nothing.  I had a "nodule" on the base of my tongue at my 6 month...turned out to be inflammation.  Scared the sh&t out of me.