Has anyone ever had a lymph node chest biopsy??

So I just found out after finishing 12 rounds of abvd for classic Hodgkin’s lymphoma, I need a biopsy on one of my lymph nodes in my chest since it like up on a pet scan. Has anyone went for this biopsy before??? Was it always cancer back? I have no idea what to think I was told this is the most curable cancer and now I feel like I’m back at square one!? 

Comments

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    Yes

Biopsy of nodes in the chest is extremely common.

Some results are positive, some are negative.   No guessing here will make a difference one way or the other.  When the results come back, then you will know.

max

• LacieAnn728
    LacieAnn728 Member Posts: 34

Yes

Biopsy of nodes in the chest is extremely common.

Some results are positive, some are negative.   No guessing here will make a difference one way or the other.  When the results come back, then you will know.

max

Was it very painful? I had a

Was it very painful? I had a surig biopsy done on my neck before and I was pretty sore for a few weeks wondering if the chest is the same?

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 902 Member

Was it very painful? I had a

Was it very painful? I had a surig biopsy done on my neck before and I was pretty sore for a few weeks wondering if the chest is the same?

Yes

On my birthday in 2011 I went into day surgery for what was to be an orthoscopic biopsy in my chest. However I signed a waiver to allow open chest surgery in the "unlikely event" it was needed. I ended up in hospital for 8 nights. I would recommend exploring other alternatives before agreeing to any major open chest surgery or at least apply limits to what they are authorized to do. Be sure to talk to your surgeon ahead of time and ask the hard questions. Recovery from this surgery delayed beginning of my cancer treatment by 2 months. Accidents happen and my body cavity was full of scar tissue making orthoscopy very difficult. It was not the doctors fault, it just happened. Your experience will likely be totally different, but ask first.

• Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3
    Max Former Hodgkins Stage 3 Member Posts: 3,812 Member
    ShadyGuy said:

Yes

On my birthday in 2011 I went into day surgery for what was to be an orthoscopic biopsy in my chest. However I signed a waiver to allow open chest surgery in the "unlikely event" it was needed. I ended up in hospital for 8 nights. I would recommend exploring other alternatives before agreeing to any major open chest surgery or at least apply limits to what they are authorized to do. Be sure to talk to your surgeon ahead of time and ask the hard questions. Recovery from this surgery delayed beginning of my cancer treatment by 2 months. Accidents happen and my body cavity was full of scar tissue making orthoscopy very difficult. It was not the doctors fault, it just happened. Your experience will likely be totally different, but ask first.

Biopsy

In treating cancer, nothing is more important than correct diagnosis.  If you need a biopsy, get one. Period. It cannot be more simple than that. Usually, these are very minor proceedures with few or no side-effects.    "Chest biopsy" is very ambiguous. It could be as simple as a needle aspirational draw, or a minor cut to reach a node, or more substantial.   But usually, it is nothing serious at all.  And only biopsy results will bring you peace of mind.

max

• LacieAnn728
    LacieAnn728 Member Posts: 34
    Thank you

tha k your all for your response just overly worried i feel like I’m back at square one. I just truly hope I’m ok.

im gonna set up the biopsy on Monday thank you all again.