skin itching after herceptin

is there someone who experienced or have skin itching after herceptin? my itching started around 10 months of receiving herceptin. i never thought about it because it was tolerable, but it has gotten worse that i have to take benadryl everyday,and because of that, my eyes are so dry that the over the counter eye drops didnt help-i now have to take the prescribed  one. When i mentioned this to my oncologist, he said it's weird, its probably just from the environmental allergens..I'm wondering if there are other patients who experienced skin , scalp ithing after herceptin, and any suggestions to lessen the discomfort/ itching..Thank you very much.

Comments

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Ikicked

It is a reported side effect, but I have not experienced it. It really makes me angry that so many MO’s either donkt know the listed side effects or just deny any connection. It is maddening, though not surprising when I think about it.  Print out cmmon side effects and bring it to your next appointment with your MO. If you do a google search on itching, rash, herceptin you will many refernces too.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited October 2017 #3
    yep

I think it is a combo of all of it.  I have been off the herceptin since end of July, however still taking the anti estrogen.  Becareful of the benadryl, it can sometimes cause the muscle ache to worsen.   Most days I do not feel like there is enough lotion in the world to help. 

Hugs,

Annie