Just diagnosed endometrial adenocarcinoma stage 3a

Options
2»

Comments

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! It's

Thank you so much! It's wonderful to hear encouraging reports! My doctors were pretty optimistic, but it was such a shock when even after surgery they thought it was stage 1. I had thyroid scan yesterday, CT scan tomorrow, and chemo starts next Wednesday. I'm ready to get this going!

• Violet123
    Violet123 Member Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Praying for you

I understand the shock you are going through. I have a similar diagnosis, and have completed 3 of 6 rounds of chemo.  Then will receive 5 wks of external radiation.   The members here are a wonderful support and knowledgeable about what to ask your care providers.  Keep us posted on your journey,  we are here for you!  Do something you enjoy every day, and don't spend too much time on Google,  that can be a downer. 

• Anne0803
    Anne0803 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi! Truly it is overwhelming

Hi! Truly it is overwhelming as the big “C” word appears. 

My positive attitude and faith in God helped me to go through the treatment. 

I was diagnosed last October 2016 with Grade 3, Stage 3C.  Mine spread to fallopian tube, cervix lining, 1 positive lymph node out of 2, pelvic wash clear.  I had 6 rounds of chemo and 25-28 rounds of External Beam Radiation.

When the doctor told me that I have cancer, I just dealt it calmly because feeling sorry for myself or getting depress won’t change the fact that I now have cancer.   For me first is “Acceptance” and move on, be strong and positive. 

I’m 41 when I was diagnosed, never had kids and married for 4 yrs.  I had Genetic Test and came out Negative.

Hang in there! Be Strong!

I’m new here in this forum and very glad to find it.