Anastrozole

Options

Hi all!

I was diagnosed with stage 3b ovarian cancer of the BST variety back in May of this year.  It was determined to be estrogen receptor positive so my oncologist has me on anastrozole.  The side effects are HORRIBLE....I mean life changing horrible...joint pain all the time, muscle pain, my hair is becoming wiry and/or greasy depending on the day.  I am having mood swings AND today found out that it is effecting my eyes to the point I may have to have surgery to relieve the fluid build up in my eyes (my eye doctor is amazing and is going to call my oncologist this week to discuss this with him).

I am wondering if anyone else is on this or was on it and if you found an alternative medicaiton or natural solution.  I am only 51 years old and can't see this as being the qualty of life I have to accept.  

Thank you for your support and guidance!

Jennifer

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Jennifer, I am sorry I can't

Jennifer, I am sorry I can't offer any suggestions.  I am sorry to hear what you are going through and hope they can find something to help you.  What has your doctor's office suggested???  Anything???

• azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am sorry your going through this

I was on carbo taxol and i did not have all of these symtpmons maybe they can change your meds