Pain years after mastectomy

grandmato3
grandmato3 Member Posts: 12

I had a mastectomy, which included a sentinel node biopsy, 11 years ago. I never experienced pain, after the initial period right after surgery. In the last week I've been having awful pain at the site of the mastectomy and under my arm. I have a hard time putting clothes on. It hurts to open a door, or make any motion with that arm. I thought this might just be a result of something that happened last week - I slipped while putting my boots on at the kitchen door and slid down to the open garbage can, hitting my underarm o n the edge. But it's been getting worse, and I'm concerned that there's some connection with the cancer. I haven't had my annual check-up and mammogram this year, because I won't go near the hospital where I'd been treated (that's inviting death! The place is awful these days - lots of horror stories of serious injury as a result of their mistakes) and I haven't started up with a new doctor yet. Anyone have pain issues like this?

Comments

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    might be...

I think it is worth getting checked out.  might be a pull or tear to your muscle.