Options
124»

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited November 2017 #62
    Options
    Well WE understand your

Well WE understand your anxiety! But remember, the one thing we can control is our attitude and perspective! Why waste energy you need to live worrying about something that could turn out ok.

I know you have an unusal case. 

BTW: I always get my radiologists reports (and CD of scans) ahead of time. Usually takes 1-2 days for Radiologist to dictate it. Unless you don't want to know beforen you see your doctor. For me, it helps prepare pertinent questions and often it ends up being reassuring. Its up to you though. W

e'll be here for you all the way, please know that!

Sending you CALM, HOPE and SERENITY

Hugs, Jan

• LMCRJB13
    LMCRJB13 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Good news - chest CT is

Good news - chest CT is negative - NED!  Next up, surgery on Monday for the right kidney mass.  Hopeful that all goes well.  Thanks again to all for your insights and support.

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Good news!

Best news you could have gotten.  Good luck on Monday.

Stub

• LMCRJB13
    edited November 2017 #65
    Options
    stub1969 said:

Good news!

Best news you could have gotten.  Good luck on Monday.

Stub

Thanks, Stub!  One day and

Thanks, Stub!  One day and one hurdle at a time.  Best to you.

Ryan

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    WHEW!! Great news! Now on to

WHEW!! Great news! Now on to surgery and recovery!

Hugs, Jan

• LMCRJB13
    Options
    Surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day...first surgery to get 1/2 of this cancer out of me!

Hoping that all goes well - I’m more than confident in my surgeon and his skills...so, I’m feeling good.

I’ll post an update as soon as I can.  Thanks again to all for your insights and support.  I’m grateful to have connected with each of you.

-Ryan

• joedad
    joedad Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2017 #68
    Options
    LMCRJB13 said:

Surgery tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day...first surgery to get 1/2 of this cancer out of me!

Hoping that all goes well - I’m more than confident in my surgeon and his skills...so, I’m feeling good.

I’ll post an update as soon as I can.  Thanks again to all for your insights and support.  I’m grateful to have connected with each of you.

-Ryan

Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to you!

• LMCRJB13
    Options
    Surgery complete!

Had surgery on Monday, 11/13 - my doc was able to stick with our initial plan...robotic partial right nephrectomy.  All went well...he removed the tumor and left around 85% of the healthy kidney.  No other tumors discovered in the kidney...NED around it.  Very minimal blood loss.  All good!  Surgery was at 2:30pm and I was resting in my room for the overnight by 7:30pm.  Lots of checks and poking/prodding throughout the night.  Impossible to get rest.  Got up and walked up and down the hospital floor Tuesday morning, catheter came out, I urinated, ate a clear liquid late breakfast and was discharged around 1:00pm.  Did not need any pain meds...still have only needed tylenol.  The shoulder pains from the gas have been the worst part.  Have been up and walking several times daily - feeling good.  Already going a bit stir crazy at home.  Actually went out for dinner with family tonight!  Know that I need to take it easy though as fatigue comes fairly quickly.  Will meet with doc soon to review pathology and determine a plan for the left kidney mass...that will come out likely next month! 

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    edited November 2017 #70
    Options
    LMCRJB13 said:

Surgery complete!

Had surgery on Monday, 11/13 - my doc was able to stick with our initial plan...robotic partial right nephrectomy.  All went well...he removed the tumor and left around 85% of the healthy kidney.  No other tumors discovered in the kidney...NED around it.  Very minimal blood loss.  All good!  Surgery was at 2:30pm and I was resting in my room for the overnight by 7:30pm.  Lots of checks and poking/prodding throughout the night.  Impossible to get rest.  Got up and walked up and down the hospital floor Tuesday morning, catheter came out, I urinated, ate a clear liquid late breakfast and was discharged around 1:00pm.  Did not need any pain meds...still have only needed tylenol.  The shoulder pains from the gas have been the worst part.  Have been up and walking several times daily - feeling good.  Already going a bit stir crazy at home.  Actually went out for dinner with family tonight!  Know that I need to take it easy though as fatigue comes fairly quickly.  Will meet with doc soon to review pathology and determine a plan for the left kidney mass...that will come out likely next month! 

Wow!

Glad to see you're up and about and not having a lot of pain. Definitely try not to overdo it, at least the first couple of weeks, as your body is still healing. I give you a lot of credit though. I wasn't able to muster the energy to go out for a meal until about a week out. And Gas-X can be your new best friend. It was one of mine, along with Percocet. But if you don't need those hard-core pain pills, so much the better.

Wishing you continued success with you recovery!

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    LMCRJB13 said:

Surgery complete!

Great

Good to hear everything went well.  I remember the shoulder pain all to well.  You're doing the right thing with walking--eventually you'll start feeling that ache fading. 

Stub

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    wowsay

Well I dont know how you did all that but you did

So happy you are on the recovery road

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Awesome news! Glad to hear

Awesome news! Glad to hear you kept most of your kidney and that all went well. Sounds like they did a great job.