28 yrs old possible Kidney Tumor

Options
Gabby89
Gabby89 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hello Everyone:

I am new here so I hope i get some replies back. 

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney disease when I was 13 yrs old. Ever since than I've always had kidney infections and Kidney stones. However, this year has a been a tough year on my poor kidneys specially my left kidney. About a month ago I starting urinating blood with no symptoms, my Urologist requested a CT Urogram and my Urologist gave me the news that something is in my kidney but he is not sure if its a blood clot or a tumor. He said that because of my age he is hoping for it to be a blood clot. On November 7 my doctor is going in with a camara to my Kidney to see exactly what it is. I am scare that it turns out to be a tumor.

Any one had a similar story? 

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Sending good karma.

Gabby,

No insight to share, but wishing you the best.

Icemantoo

• Gabby89
    Options
    icemantoo said:

Sending good karma.

Gabby,

No insight to share, but wishing you the best.

Icemantoo

Sending good karma.

Thank you! 

• DreamOnDeb
    DreamOnDeb Member Posts: 112
    Options
    Hi Gabby,

Hi Gabby,

I found this online.....

More than half of patients with Polycystic Kidney Disease will have blood in their urine (hematuria) at some point.  It is thought that the rupture of cysts or of the small blood vessels around cysts is the cause.

• Gabby89
    Options
    Hi DreamOnDeb

Unfortunatly is not a kidney ruption which would be a piece of mind diagnosis at this point. A mass is on my left kidney my doctor is just hoping its a blood clot and not a tumor. 

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Possible tumor

Hi, Gabby.  Welcome!

You're note is a little fuzzy for me.  Other than "something doesn't look good", did your doctor give you specifics?  If so, please share and we'll do our best to provide comments.  If he didn't, I can't say too much.  I have medullary sponge kidney and suffer from numerous stones in both kidneys.  During my annual exam last year I had a new nephrologist and he ordered a CT just to see where things were, which is how my tumor was found.  Through the initial CT w/o contrast they knew something wasn't right and ordered and ultra sound just to get a better look.  From those images he shared  some specifics about my tumor, which really helped me wrap my head around what was happening.

If your doctor did not share any specifics, I'd encourage you to contact him/her and get those.

Good luck

Stub

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hi! Only thing I can say is

Hi! Only thing I can say is one urologist thought maybe my 6cm cyst had bled into itself (she thought it was blood showing up on the CT scan, but I got a 2nd opinion). It is indeed a tumor which has been confirmed by a radiologist, new urologist and oncologist. No worries though.....tumors show up very clearly on scans and they know what they are looking for. I had a CT scan with contrast dye and a tumor will take up the dye (light up) which mine did. Also, from what they have told me and images I have seen, simple cysts show up close to black in colour because they are filled with water. I have my images and wish I could show you the difference between the cyst and tumor. I wish you all the best!!! They will figure out what it is. 

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Best wishes Gabby

My hope is they discover no reason for you to be on this sight.  Don't hesitate to seek a second opinion for any reason.

Keep us posted.

Prayers, Donna~

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    While you're waiting...

Hi, Gabby,

While you're waiting, I'm sending you healing thoughts for you kidney and calming thoughts for you.  I know waiting is WAY beyond difficult.

Keep us posted.