Chemo created

Options

i developed lower than average Sodium from Chemo a yr ago.  Since thanI have been hospitalized 2xwith low Sodium.  Just got released from My second trip were I dropped to a record breaking 109, which I had a seizure than a stroke.  Not a good gift for your 60th birthday. So know another side effect from. Chemo.  So tired of No saliva, dry mouth having to watch fluid intake & being hospitalized for sodium drops.  Really don't need another Sodium Drop & stroke.   Not fun at all. So be careful if you get this problem !!!! 

Comments

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sodium

Drink Gatorade, eat salt on everything

"smart water" has the other things you need also

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    be better

DD,

I am sorry that you have been having such a time getting to your new normal. Hopefully, the regular side effects (tired, no saliva, dry mouth) are all you have to get used to moving forward. 

Be careful.

Matt

• christine2080
    christine2080 Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2017 #4
    Options
    Cupping

Have you tried cupping to get chemo out of your body after treatment? My husband is almost finished with week 2 of 7 chemo radiation treatments. The practitioner who does cupping & acupuncture for me was telling me about cupping on a cancer survivor. She said the first time she did it the woman was really sick for a few days as it pulled the chemo out of her muscles, but got better each successive time. Just a suggestion- I do not claim to be an expert.