Questions

Options
Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

i can't seem to find any direct answers to this, so I was hoping someone here could. Husband had his first treatment Thursday, disconnect around 4 Saturday, followed by neulasta shot. He got Folfox with Irinotecan and avastin

so I know first treatment is probably the easiest but when are side effects the worst? I thought yesterday and today were going to be the worst and I was wondering when he could stop the Zofran he has been taking to keep him from getting nauseas, which he never got.  Also, is it normal for him to seem just off? Kind of loopy I guess.

I guess basically I am wondering what day you might be able to consider yourself in the clear and just waiting until the next dose. 

thank you!!

Comments

• danker
    danker Member Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Side effects

I had 5 weeks of radiation with simutaneous chemo pump.  At about week 3 through 6&7 I had diarrhea.  Here I am Ned for last 7 years, but still have occasional diarrhea.  Hope you have NO  side effects and enjoy NED life.

• bobby66
    bobby66 Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Everyone reacts to the chemo

Everyone reacts to the chemo differently. I got my side effects right away and it will last until maybe 2 prior the other session, and the more chemo i get the longer I took to recuperate from it. Hope he stays without side effects

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

Of course recovery is different for everyone, but mine seemed to be worse right after being disconnected from the pump.  It seemed like I'd crash and get sick to my stomach (never threw up), but just couldn't eat and felt fatigued.  Let the doctor know of any side effects you are concerned about as they might have to adjust his medication.  Wishing him well during his treatments.

Kim

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,800 Member
    Options
    Me too, Kim

I was the same as Kim.  The two days after my disconnect, I was a mess. A floppy, mess. I had no energy.

By the time I reched the end of treatment, there were no good days inbetween chemo. 

I can't remember when I got loopy, but I don't think it was until the third or fourth treament. But I certainly had chemo brain, and to a degree, I still have it; four years out from treatment. 

Tru

• queenwarrior
    queenwarrior Member Posts: 9
    Options
    different for everyone

I believe  it really is different with everyone. Mine has been all over the place. I used to go in for hydration and steriods back to back to back days and that seemed to help alot. I havent done that the last two times and I definatly have felt worse I would say a couple days after pump disconnect. I have no energy been sleeping all day and horrible pain in hands and feet. I also heard that side effects can be different and onset too, depending on where your at with treatment so I guess its all guessing game.