Camul! Let's play post office!

Options
tufi000
tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member

Our mail delivery stopped 3 weeks ago. There is some kind of road mess way up the road and they aren't going to come up our road if they have to use someone's driveway to turn around.  Soooo they are not deliuverying to anyone on our road though there are many before the road problem

I wrote our local postmaster cause if I went in person I would lose it. The Don brought to ther in person when he went to get the mail.

She came to our house and said she would personally deliver to me any prescriptions (that's what I was most concerned about in the letter)  Ain't that sweet?!?!?!?!?

I thought if you wouldn't mind, dropping all the mail down from the top up there and I am sure the powers of the universe would make ours land in the right place as you have a lot of pull with those forces.

I'm a good catcher too! Let's play!!!!!

lovins to ya

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Thinking of you Carol

You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

xoxo,

Jean

• tufi000
    edited October 2017 #3
    Options
    UP!

Even though you have trouble sleeping, we have no guilt trying to keep you UP UP UP!

Ever lovin' ya Sensei

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Sending love

And a giant cyber hug!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Victoria

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hugs for Carol

Sending oh so gentle hugs and prayers over the airways to you. 

Annie

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2017 #6
    Options
    Sherry that makes me laugh! Don't they know they deliver daily!

Come rain or shine?  We will have to have a discussion with their postmaster.  Any reason why they can't put in a lock box til they get it finished?or wear boots like they did in the Midwest wh n it snowed?  That should get your mind going? 

• tufi000
    Options
    Well they know but...

I looked at the law at the postmaster general's office site.  By law they were supposed to deliver to the properties readily accessible as usual.

They were able to get an exception because there waas no place to turn around and put their drivers at risk. It is too rural for foot delivery. This all happened because the truck got stuck in the ditch up the road. There is nowhere to put a lockbox and the bill that wanted to eliminate all single home boxes was voted down except for apartment complexes and other multiple dwellings.

But I think my letter and the visit here from the postmaster ( I smushed her good! )worked! We started getting delivery yesterday.

So happy this hasn't become anoth part of my new normal program.

Now who would ever think to anticipate this kind of crap?!?!?!?!

As usual

Love ya!

• Apaugh
    Options
    tufi000 said:

Well they know but...

I looked at the law at the postmaster general's office site.  By law they were supposed to deliver to the properties readily accessible as usual.

They were able to get an exception because there waas no place to turn around and put their drivers at risk. It is too rural for foot delivery. This all happened because the truck got stuck in the ditch up the road. There is nowhere to put a lockbox and the bill that wanted to eliminate all single home boxes was voted down except for apartment complexes and other multiple dwellings.

But I think my letter and the visit here from the postmaster ( I smushed her good! )worked! We started getting delivery yesterday.

So happy this hasn't become anoth part of my new normal program.

Now who would ever think to anticipate this kind of crap?!?!?!?!

As usual

Love ya!

geez oh pete!

If that single mail carrier still delivers the mail out there in CA, I think your mail carrier should have no problems.  Glad your getting your mail again.

• tufi000
    Options
    Apaugh said:

geez oh pete!

If that single mail carrier still delivers the mail out there in CA, I think your mail carrier should have no problems.  Glad your getting your mail again.

Not Cali

Missouri  They know how to drive here .  the road was definitely a mess up there.

• tufi000
    Options
    It happened again!

I got a bill today from a store that told me last month pmt crossed in mail and I had zero balance. This month I got a statement with past due amt, late charges, and some fee or other. Well after some lookups and disussions it is all fixed, but dang, another day another stupid thing

FYI Our buddy Joe ( soccerfreaks ) is back in the hospital for like the 5th time in the last few months.  He is so passionate, a great writer if u remember and I so wish you could talk to each other. He needs you, but do not think, for one second you are to do this.  He will be ok with me quoting you !!!!!

Post Office update.  I asked them if anyone there saw that mail truck going through the ruins of the California fire towns utterly destroyed, though he did find the peeps that stayed.  I then asked if he was allowed to that, why were our deliveries stopped for 2 weeks because you said you weren't allowed to turn around in an accessible deiveway.  Ever see 6 people do (face palm?)  WOOHOO  Gottem!!!!!!

Good day to you hoipe it is a repeat

Lovin' ya Obi Wan

Padawan

• Apaugh
    edited October 2017 #11
    Options
    tufi000 said:

It happened again!

I got a bill today from a store that told me last month pmt crossed in mail and I had zero balance. This month I got a statement with past due amt, late charges, and some fee or other. Well after some lookups and disussions it is all fixed, but dang, another day another stupid thing

FYI Our buddy Joe ( soccerfreaks ) is back in the hospital for like the 5th time in the last few months.  He is so passionate, a great writer if u remember and I so wish you could talk to each other. He needs you, but do not think, for one second you are to do this.  He will be ok with me quoting you !!!!!

Post Office update.  I asked them if anyone there saw that mail truck going through the ruins of the California fire towns utterly destroyed, though he did find the peeps that stayed.  I then asked if he was allowed to that, why were our deliveries stopped for 2 weeks because you said you weren't allowed to turn around in an accessible deiveway.  Ever see 6 people do (face palm?)  WOOHOO  Gottem!!!!!!

Good day to you hoipe it is a repeat

Lovin' ya Obi Wan

Padawan

good going Sherry

You get um tiger!  

• tufi000
    edited October 2017 #12
    Options
    TONIGHT!!!

The new season of The Walking Retyurns tonight!!!!!  Sooo it is time to bake some zombie pies,

Cranapple. Apple pie basically with some cranberry sauce.  Not only kicks it up a bit, the cranberry sauce is the blood.

Except for the pie, You might want to join me. Though I have come to the point that the way they do certain scenes now to satisft the young ones, I temporarily leave the room. You could use headphones for that.

A good.  Though yesterday anotheg glitch. Cable company started charging us for free On Demand movies.. All straight now.

Wish you pie love

your Padawan

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    Letting you know

that you're ever on my mind. 

xoxo

Victoria

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options