Pap Smear

Options
B911215
B911215 Member Posts: 9

Hello. I had a Pap smear today and when she checked my cervix, she mentioned a red spot on my cervix. I am 26 years old, have two children and am married. I’m worried what the red spot could be. I don’t have any other symptoms, however she mentioned I had a lot of discharge but it is more normal for me. She said that she wasn’t too excited unless something popped up when the Results are ready. Should I be worried? 

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Pap

Hi B911215,

I would sure not worry right now.  The cervix is an odd piece of tissue and it goes through cycles of odd features.  For one thing, the cervix and paps have nothing to do with ovarian cancer.  If your pap comes back abnormal, it will come back in a range and they can do various things or let the situation rectify itself.  I would certainly wait to see what your results are and what your doctor says and not worry about it right now.  Good luck. 

• B911215
    B911215 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Pap

Hi B911215,

I would sure not worry right now.  The cervix is an odd piece of tissue and it goes through cycles of odd features.  For one thing, the cervix and paps have nothing to do with ovarian cancer.  If your pap comes back abnormal, it will come back in a range and they can do various things or let the situation rectify itself.  I would certainly wait to see what your results are and what your doctor says and not worry about it right now.  Good luck. 

Thank you

I worry about everything. The other thing she noticed I had a little more discharge than normal. I don’t feel like I have an infection but like I said, I worry that something is wrong. I feel great and have no other symptoms. Just the exam she noticed something and then I have a little more excess discharge. She also mentioned I did not bleed when she did the pap. I’m hoping that’s a good thing.