Eating after throat cancer radiation treatments and use of pain meds.

Options
2»

Comments

• hriggins
    hriggins Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021 #22
    Options
    Linda C. said:

Hi Ric... I'm now 3 1/2

Hi Ric... I'm now 3 1/2 months out from radiation treatment and still use the PEG tube for my nourishment.  My prolems with smell and taste are improving very slowly.  I try to eat by mouth something new every week.  Still have to spit out a lot but some things are tasting as they should.  I was told I would have to force my tongue to respond and that is what I'm doing.  I can only manage a smal bite or two before having to spit out.  As for smells, most foods stink.  My refridgerator stinks - only to me of course.  Outdoor odors stink as never before.  All of this is improving.  I do feel hungry a lot of the time but do not have an appetite for any foods cause of how awful they taste.  I miss eating.  Good luck to you in your struggles and hope it all gets better for you real soon.- LindaC

eating

I am 7 months after throat radiaton cancer treatment . Cancer is gone. Just started getting my taste buds back and starting to eat some solid food, Do not give up. Takes time and everyone is different.God Bless

• hriggins
    hriggins Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2021 #23
    Options
    Seven Months after throat radiation

Just starting to get taste buds back and beginning to eat solid food. I am praying for you all.Do not give up

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,305 Member
    edited January 2021 #24
    Options
    hriggins So Glad You

Have gotten to that point where the taste buds are kicking in again and you are eating solid food again what a joy to have these 2 back. I remember being able to start to taste and eat even the smallest things was just a joy. And just to be able to have some coffee in small sips. hriggins welcome to the forum and may your recovery continue to get better and better-Take Care-God Bless-Russ