The Right Bra

csr771
csr771 Member Posts: 117

In light of the topics that are on this Board, this one may be trivial.  What do you do about bras?  I had reconstruction. Although the reconstructed breast is very good, it is

not the same as my natural breast and I find that bras do not always fit well.  The bras that they make for mastectomy patients leave a lot to be desired.  I still have problems

looking at my rebuilt breast and feeling like a woman.  I know that I am more than breasts..my head knows that, not my heart.  Does anyone else feel like this or is it just me?

Comments

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    Bra

Hello CSR771. check you area for shops that sell bra for breast cancer patients. and also ask at your hospital. most of the bras and inserts are covered by your medical insurance. (MAY JUST HAVE TO GET DR TO AUTHORIZE IT)   REGULAR BRAS ARE OUT OF THE QUESTION FOR ME NOW . even after I have my implant done on the left breast ..i will still need some adjustmemts to balance things out and the shop have great inserts and filler that go with the bras!

Good Luck with everything..and ALL YOUR RECOVERY!!

BEEPOSITIVE

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    i had 2 lumpecomties same

i had 2 lumpecomties same side (small breasted) after aboaut 5 yrs post surgeries-i finally went to Vicotoria's Secret and got fitted and it fell and look much better. MY old bra would be wrinckled and you could see it through my shirt.

Denise

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Sorry to jump in late here - Nordstrom will fit any

size woman - lumpectomies or partial mastectomie.  pricing is slight higher .. however once you find your correct bra size - you can shop anywhere for same brand, and size.

best of luck, 

vixki Sam

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am very small breasted and

I am very small breasted and had 2 lumpectomies on the same side. NO reconstruction. AFTER many years i finally went to Victoria's secrets and explained my situation and had them measure me etc..I did find one style i am very comfortable with and you can't see the difference. IN the past one side of my my shirts would be wrinkly. IT looks much better with a GOOD bra-not a kmart blue light special. lol hehe

Denise