Para aortic and lung nodule

Options

I had partial neprektomi (left kydney) 3 mont ago, 3,7 cm renal cell carcinoma,

and the pathologi resutl are, #Tumour limited to the lydney.#Resection margin not involvet by tumor

#no lymfe nodes identified#necrocis not identified#non neoplastic, glomerolusclerosis and some intestitial

chronic inflamatory infiltrate focally seen.

before surgery i had ct scan kydney (abdomen) and discovered nodul 6 mm at the lower thorac.

1 week ago i had been the first scan, the resut of ct scan

1. All is good ,NED, no reccurren or magligancy

2. no limfadhenopaty defenite significant. But some low volume of left smaal para arortic nodes not defenitif

Significant base on size criteria

3. Lung bases are clear, but the area at the previously seen

has not been included on the upper limit on the scan.

My doctor/oncogist said "congratulation this is good", we will CT scan (kydney and thorax) again 6 month in the future.

i am very happy with the number one result Of ct scan, also about  suggestion of the doctor.

But i am very anxious with the result of number 2 and 3.

i am afraid and suspicious the para aortis and nodul of the lung is metastase.

I realy hope the lung nodul was gone (clear). But the doctor of ct scan not to say that.

Cant anyone give me similar axperiences or any insight

Thank you 

(i am male, 42 years old)

Comments

• icemantoo
    icemantoo Member Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Node on lung

Victor,

A node of 6 mm on the lung can be and often is normal. The protocol to see if it is normal or RCC is to see if it grows in 6 months. Hence the followup. Rcc usually does not reappear from tumors 4 cm or less.

Good luck

Icemantoo

• Hd67xlch
    Hd67xlch Member Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I had two removed.......

I had a 5mm and 6mm removed ( Jan 2017) from my left lung upper lobe almost 6 years after my kidney removal. I also had two others 1.0 cm size removed from my right lung lower lobe the year before April 2016, 5 years post kidney removal. The 1st surgery they biopsied the one that was 1.0 cm and it came back positive for rcc, the 2nd surgery we decided no biopsy and just had them cut out, pathology report after surgery showed they were positive for rcc.

Read my profile for more details.

• Viktor sirait
    Viktor sirait Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Than you

thank you icemanto and Hd67xlch, i realy hope that node and para aortic nodes is not metastased of my RCC.

I try positif thinking.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    It's just

not likely for a first met. There would be evidence in probably more than a few sites. Lung, hip, spine.

• Viktor sirait
    Viktor sirait Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Para aortic

Thank you foxhd And all.

how do you thing about my para aortic nodes??.

anyone have experiences about para aortic nodes.