WHAT CAN I EAT???

Options
2»

Comments

• Linda C.
    Linda C. Member Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Really appreciate the input.  I have been put on a Puree Diet and will need to use a thickening agent in all liquids I eat.  That should be interesting.

• OKCnative
    OKCnative Member Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just finished treatment (35

I just finished treatment (35 rads and chemo). I didn't use a feeding tube. The only thing I've ingested the last 3 weeks is water, Premiere Protein and Boost VHC. The first swallow is the worst at each meal. I'm anxious to try real food, but have not yet worked up the nerve. I've been fortunate in the fact that the metallic taste went away early on. Cold water and chocolate drinks taste really good. So I hope that's a good sign. I am going to wait a full week before I try any soft foods.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Dean54 said:

I haven't even started

I haven't even started treatment yet but have lost 13 lbs just from the tonsillectomy, teeth pull, feeding tube, etc. so can't imagine what it's going to be like down the road. Still can't taste anything and eating is a chore and it's only going to get worse. 

I know most of you are grateful to be alive even without one of life's pleasures mostly gone, not so sure I feel that way at this point but hope that changes down the road.

just the facts

Dean54,

Most of us experience taste problems, but most of us get over it to a degree where it is once again one of life’s little pleasures.

To not seek treatment could guarantee one of life’s little displeasures.

Matt

• Linda C.
    Linda C. Member Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2017 #25
    Options
    OKCnative said:

I just finished treatment (35

I just finished treatment (35 rads and chemo). I didn't use a feeding tube. The only thing I've ingested the last 3 weeks is water, Premiere Protein and Boost VHC. The first swallow is the worst at each meal. I'm anxious to try real food, but have not yet worked up the nerve. I've been fortunate in the fact that the metallic taste went away early on. Cold water and chocolate drinks taste really good. So I hope that's a good sign. I am going to wait a full week before I try any soft foods.

It seems that the metallic

It seems that the metallic taste is a big obstical for me.  I sure hope it goes away soon.