I am right here

todd121
todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member

After reading Fox's post, I decided to post instead of just reading. Want to help boost Fox's statistic of posts/reads! :)

So I had my quarterly scans on Monday. *yawn*

Seriously, don't have the results yet. But I feel pretty optimistic and somewhat not really worried about them. Is that progress?

I pop in and try and catch up, reading what I can. It's hard for me to even read everything when I do pop in. Much less post.

Things have been moving along. I lost about 30 pounds. That was great. Then I gained 10 back in 2-3 weeks and thought, oh sh*t, so I started back on my eating and exercise plan. I've stayed pretty steady at 20 pounds weight loss. My goal is to lose back what I gained back but I keep running into setbacks (also known as eating too much and exercising too little).

My first grandchild is due any day now. When I got my cancer I was pretty sure I wouldn't live to see a grandchild. I'm so stoked about the baby coming. It's going to be a girl. Her name will be Aria.

Otherwise, I've been busy with work (which is crazy) and aging parents. My mom has been in the hospital twice. She lives in another state. Hard to keep up with her from where I am. I think her condition has cleared up without surgery, thank goodness. She had an abscess in her intestines caused by diverticulitis.

My birth dad, unfortunately, passed away last week. He was 74. Lifelong smoker, we found out only a month ago that he had lung cancer that had spread to his brain and probably his bones as well. He was gone within 3-4 weeks of finding this out. He and his family are also in another state. I was given up for adoption by him when I was 7, so we weren't terribly close. Still, due to the wonder of the internet, we've had a pretty active correspondence going for the past 10 years over email and online chess games. I will miss him.

This is news on my end. On the cancer front, no news is good news. I feel very fortunate.

Hugs,

Todd

Comments

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Glad to hear all is well with

Glad to hear all is well with you and condolences on the Loss of your dad.

Keep on keeping on brother!! 

• marosa
    marosa Member Posts: 334 Member
    edited September 2017 #3
    Todd, it's so good to hear from you!

so happy you are doing well!  Sorry for your loss.  You will be so happy with your grandchild!  Mine (3 and 1) have surprised me in how I've became crazy about them!  They give so much love and their world is so pure and fear free! It will be contagious!  Good to see your face here!

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Sorry about your dad! But so

Sorry about your dad! But so happy that your granddaughter is almost here! Sometimes I think my mom adores her granddaughter (my little ALisa) even more than me! :-) Grandparents do go crazy on little kids. Don't spoil her too much :-)

Wish it to be an easy delivery!

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Thanks

Thanks for posting, Todd.  Let us know how those scans do turn out.  Take care,

Stub

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    So sorry about your dad but

So sorry about your dad but glad you were connected for the past ten years. All the best on those scans!

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited September 2017 #7
    Appreciate

Appreciate the update, Todd. Sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Pretty amazing things, this internet - allowing you to be in contact. 

That little granddaughter will definitely give you something to sing about. Sending warm thoughts and prayers for you and yours, peace for your scan day. 

• Optimisticgirl
    Optimisticgirl Member Posts: 82 Member
    Congrats on soon to be

Grandaughter,  sorry for the loss of your father.  Best of luck on the medical reports, keep us posted!

• Steve51
    Steve51 Member Posts: 23 Member
    Congratulations, grand kids are great

Good luck with your scans. You made some comments to me last year and I remembered you. I'm still with Pal at City of Hope. I optied to do the  pazopanib study. It's over Dec 27. It hasn't been too bad. If it doesn't help me, maybe it will help those in the future

Good luck to all

• todd121
    todd121 Member Posts: 1,448 Member
    Thanks - Scan Result NED

Appreciate all the supportive posts and hellos! Good to see so many familiar faces.

My scan results were good. Glad to report that.

Tod

• Optimisticgirl
    Optimisticgirl Member Posts: 82 Member
    Congratulations!

Wishing you many, many more good scans in years ahead!

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    Oh Todd, I cannot believe I

Oh Todd, I cannot believe I didn't see your recent post! Glad your scan is NED@

Glad your momma is okay now. So much up and down.

And what made me cry is that you did get to communicate with your birth father. At least you had some kind of relationship and seem to enjoy it. Sorry for your loss. Have you seen the 1st season of TV show " This is us?" It has one of the children trying to find his birth father. Good show to see...but bring the kleenix at times!

Stay in touch buddy! Some of know you and care so much! okay?

Hugs! Let us know when that grandbaby comes along too!

Jan

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    Good news Todd......good news

Good news Todd......good news indeed!!

• Skagway Jack
    Skagway Jack Member Posts: 224 Member
    Great News!

Terrific news Todd.  Sorry for your loss but overall sounds like the positive vibes are prevailing!

Jack

• DreamOnDeb
    DreamOnDeb Member Posts: 112
    Excellent news, Todd! 

Excellent news, Todd!  Congratulations on your granddaughter.....Aria is a beautiful name!  I'm sorry for the loss of your father.

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,060 Member
    Ooops, missed your post about

Ooops, missed your post about Uncle Ned's visit! Congratulations!

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited October 2017 #17
    Excellent

Thank you for sharing.

Sorry about your loss and the rough road with your mom.  Looking forward to hearing your news about the new life coming soon (the baby).  SO fun!

Donna~

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    edited October 2017 #18
    How did I miss that NED?

How did I miss that NED? Congrats! So very happy for you, Todd.