lst Chemo

Options

Tomorrow I go for my lst chemo.

So many emotions, just want to get it over with.

Thank you for ALL your support and feedback. All of you have given me the needed courage.

Sandra

Comments

• DottieDean
    DottieDean Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2017 #2
    Options
    Good luck.  All will be well.

Good luck.  All will be well.

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you Sandra

We will all be there with you in spirit- remember to drink lots of water.  They will do everything they can to make you feel really comfortable- really chemo nurses are special humanbeings.  The 1st one isn't normally bad- you might even feel just fine.  Come back and let us know how you are doing.  (((HUGS)))

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Hugs!

Sending you hugs.  Get some popsicles too!   lst day usually isn't bad - third day you can be very fatigue.

Let us know how it goes.

Kathy

• hopeful56
    hopeful56 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Thank you for all your words

Thank you for all your words of encouragement and comfort.

I leave in about an hour.

Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Sandra

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hugs! Drink lots of water.

Hugs! Drink lots of water. Bring books iPad etc or better yet a friend. It helps the time pass.

• Red Corvette
    Red Corvette Member Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!

Mrs. Red and I hope you have a smooth and easy day. The first chemo is hard because you don't know what to expect. 

Red

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Hope it went well!

Sandra, I hope that your first chemo treatment went well. The best advice I can share about treatment is 1) stay hydrated - if you feel thirsty, you're already dehydrated, 2) keep moving - even if it's only a few steps - do it, 3) eat high protein meals - your body needs the protein to recover properly, 4) take Miralax daily, it helps keep you regular and 5) try to stay positive - you can't control much about what is happening to your body but you can control how you react to it. Good luck to you! Kim

• EPH56
    EPH56 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    How Are You?

I'm anxious to hear how you're doing and how your 1st round of chemo went.  I will begin my treatment the 1st week of October. Best wishes to you.

• hopeful56
    hopeful56 Member Posts: 73
    Options
    Made it thru lst chemo.  Yes,

Made it thru lst chemo.  Yes, I was a "reactor" to the taxol and they took real good care of me.  The rest of the treatment went without a hitch.  I did hydrate a lot the day before and during treatment and days after.  

Did not have any nausea, but I did not feel real hungry.  Kept my intake light with a lot of water to hydrate and flush that stuff out of me.  Two days after was on a "high."  Don't know if any of your ladies experienced that.  One night I don't think I slept too much.  My taste seemed off too.

I went to work 3rd day after chemo and my energy drain hit me.  Like someone pulled the plug.  I had to leave a little early and the rest of the weekend took it easy.

This is day 10, I have been at work this week regular hours.

Thank you for all your comments of assurance and caring.

Hugs,

Sandra  

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    WOW Sandra

So glad you have done so well- remembering water is so important!  I can't believe you are working through this- you are one strong lady!!!  All those things are normal and as chemo goes on it is more and more cumulative - all of them seemed to hit me about the same days each time.  Just when you feel almost normal again, it's time for another treatment.  Try and listen to your body and be extra gentle and caring of yourself- your body is going through a LOT and it needs  your tender care now more than ever.  Keep us posted.  (((HUGS)))

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    edited September 2017 #12
    Options
    Glad to hear that they were

Glad to hear that they were on top of your reaction and adjusted accordingly. Hopefully the rest of your treatments go even better and that you can continue on with life as close to normal as possible. We're all rooting for you! Kim

• Sharring
    Sharring Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Great news!

So glad to hear your first treatment went well. I too am trying to work for as long as I can throughout. I had my first chemo today! So far so good here as well. I know it's early on in my journey but I find great hope when I hear updates like yours! Baby steps. I'm hoping I still feel well at my 10 day mark. I think it's just fine to work as long as we are prepared to step back and put ourselves first throughout our fight! Stay strong....I'm right behind you!!!  Sue

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2017 #14
    Options
    Timing

A lot of working ladies try to time their infusions for a Wednesday or Thursday so that they have the weekends to get through the days when the fatigue hits them the hardest before going back into work. Although for me, by the last treatment I was pretty out of commision from one treatment till almost the day or two before the next. The effects are cumulative so I can't imagine how some manage to keep working through it all. Be kind to yourself and put some thought into how you are going to cope with work as things progress.