The waiting game... Need Help :/

Options
jesskthax
jesskthax Member Posts: 2
edited September 2017 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

I'm nervous, because I don't know how to stay calm through this process. I'm a new mom, and now I'm looking down the barrel of possible cancer. 

It started about 2.5 years ago with a swollen lymph node. I saw an ENT and he brought me in a couple times, but never seemed to get anywhere. He sent me to get a lymph node biopsied, because they found a couple.but by the time I was seen, the lymph nodes were very small. They never go away completely, I can still feel them. They're just tiny. He told me they may never shrink back down. And he wasn't worried about cancer. He scheduled me for a CT scan, but we found out we were pregnant, so I didn't get it done. I felt so good in my pregnancy, I honestly forgot about the nodes. She's been growing and needing my care for the last 7.5 months, and I noticed there are a few swollen. I also noticed my left tonsil is bigger than my right. When I feel them, they don't feel too different. The left doesn't seem hard, but I'm not a doctor. 

I'm setting a new ENT Wednesday, and every story I read that is like mine.. Is always cancer. I don't know what else to think. I'm not ready to give up, but I'm having a tough day. I'm really scared.

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    welcome

jesskthax,

Welcome to the H&N forum, sorry that you are here, but remember it is NOT officially cancer until they say it is cancer.

You are mistaken about presentations like yours always being cancer.  We find new H&N members every few months that have conditions similar to yours with the outcome being “no cancer”.

If you need to seek a new ENT and a second opinion, do it.  Your peace of mind is too valuable.  Many of us had swollen lymph nodes with no pain, but the cancer was obvious with scans and examinations.  You have had 2.5 years with a   break in-between, you should be able to get the answers you seek soon and in the best of worlds you will not have cancer.

Matt

• jesskthax
    jesskthax Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2017 #3
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

welcome

jesskthax,

Welcome to the H&N forum, sorry that you are here, but remember it is NOT officially cancer until they say it is cancer.

You are mistaken about presentations like yours always being cancer.  We find new H&N members every few months that have conditions similar to yours with the outcome being “no cancer”.

If you need to seek a new ENT and a second opinion, do it.  Your peace of mind is too valuable.  Many of us had swollen lymph nodes with no pain, but the cancer was obvious with scans and examinations.  You have had 2.5 years with a   break in-between, you should be able to get the answers you seek soon and in the best of worlds you will not have cancer.

Matt

Thank you, Matt. I appreciate

Thank you, Matt. I appreciate your insight. I see the ENT today, and I am hoping for answers. I have lists. I found some swollen bumps on my lower back too. So I am not sure really at this point. I will keep you updated.

I am hoping for no cancer as well. I may be looking into an auto immune disease called Hashimoto's as well.

Thank you again.

Jessica