6 months

AmyD1310
AmyD1310 Member Posts: 59

Hi Everyone!

It has been a little while since I have posted, but I'm still here lurking and occasionally chime in when I think I can give advice or tips to those more recently diagnosed with this terrible disease and going through treatment for it. I hope everyone who reads this is doing well and I pray for everyone here to have as few side effects as possible and continued NED to all. Today was my 6 month check-up with my colorectal surgeon and I got great news...still NED!...and he couldn't even tell where my tumor had been! He said my tissue didn't scar much and he had to read through his original notes to remember where the tumor had been. He said he is very happy with my healing process! Yay for another 3 months NED! Love and hugs to all!

-Amy

Comments

• Dodiefae
    Dodiefae Member Posts: 41 Member
    edited September 2017 #2
    I also completed treatment 6

I also completed treatment 6 months ago. I had my second pelvic MRI post-treatment earlier this week and the report says that my mass is 1 cm by 2.5 cm and appears to be on the opposite wall that it was before.  I see the surgeon again on Tuesday so hopefully I find out what's what. In the meantime, I'm concerned that it is a new growth (although the original 4.5 cm has never fully disappeared). I just hate to think that I went thru treatment for nothing and I will still need the colostomy. Although I'm fortunate compared to lots of people on this board.

Dodie

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Dodiefae

I can't help but think there is a mistake in the radiology report. I'm sorry you have to wait until Tuesday to get an answer. I just don't see how a new tumor could crop up in a 6 month period. It seems more likely that what they are referring to is the spot where the tumor was that is now scar tissue, and just described the position on the wrong side. Please keep us updated. 

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Amy

Congratulations!! Glad to hear things are going so well.

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Amy

I'm so happy to hear you are doing well!  Whatever you're doing, just keep doing it!  Stay well and stay in touch!

• tanda
    tanda Member Posts: 174 Member
    AmyD1310

Cheers!  So glad you are doing well; as I recall, you did very well doing treatment, although typically your  last few weeks were very difficult.