Gyn question

Options
2»

Comments

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Janlyn531...The treatment

Janlyn531...The treatment affects everyone differently.  I am glad my radiologist oncologist gave me a dialator to use during my treatments in February- March.  I had pain from radiation burns the last two weeks of treatment that continued for about one month.  I still use the dialator with the KY Jelly a few times a week.  I had my pap test a few weeks ago.  My doctor used a small speculum and it was painless.  I see that the estrogen cream works for many women who have vaginal pain.  I don't think there is much harm in trying it and see if it works for you.  Hang in there.  It does get better.  It just takes time.

• Wellzen
    Wellzen Member Posts: 42
    edited October 2017 #23
    Options
    I use a very small amount of

I use a very small amount of estrogen cream twice a week.I was told as long as I want to engage in sex I should use the cream. I am not ready to give up sex. I should also say am post menopausal. You need to do what ever you feel is right for you 

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member
    edited October 2017 #24
    Options
    estrogen helps with diarrhea?

I've been using the estrogen cream for 2 weeks now and I don't kwo if it's a coincidence or not but my diarrhea seems much better.  Anyone else ever notice this?  

Also, my hot flashes have mostly disappeared, but that would be expected.

My dr told me to stop using the dilator for a full month, while  I start with the estrogen.  I hope that isn't too long..