Body ache or Bone Pain and Headaches

Options

I was diagnosed with stage 3b invasive ductal carcinoma in May. My tumor was large and I also had one lymph node that was cancerous (per biopsy) and one suspicious internal mammary lymph node (per PET scan). The PET scan showed no sign of cancer anywhere else in my body. I did not have a bone scan. The oncologist recommended chemo before surgery. I had 4 rounds of AC (Adriamycin and Cytoxan). The tumor is no longer detectable with a physical exam, but I have not had anymore scans yet. I finished my 4th round of taxol last Thursday. On Sunday, I started to notice aches all over my body....my back, hips, legs, even my jaw. I've also had some mild shooting pains in my temples, but I wouldnt really call them headaches because it comes and goes quickly. Could these symptoms be the bone pain that people talk about as a side effect of taxol, or should I be concerned that the taxol is not working and the cancer has spread as a result? Obviously I will discuss the bone pain with my oncologist at my treatment next week, but I'm looking for a little reassurance. Has anyone had bone pain with taxol and would describe it similar to what I'm experiencing?

Comments

• Cherryblssm
    Cherryblssm Member Posts: 19
    Options
    neulasta?

I've heard people mention bone pain with the neulasta shot - have you taken that as well? So far I haven't experienced that (I do take claritin daily in hopes of headed that off)

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited September 2017 #3
    Options
    ugh

I had bone pain through out all my treatments.  Now down to the anti estrogen.  Still have that joint pain all over my body.

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    egan

I had similar symptoms with Taxol. I could barely move with the bone pain in my hips. Are you getting Hercpetin? I get those shooting pains in my head now and only on Herceptin presently.

• Egankeevan
    Egankeevan Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Apaugh said:

ugh

I had bone pain through out all my treatments.  Now down to the anti estrogen.  Still have that joint pain all over my body.

Did you have back or jaw pain

Did you have back or jaw pain? I've talked to a few people who had hip, leg and arm pain, but no one has said back or jaw pain.

• Egankeevan
    Egankeevan Member Posts: 17
    Options
    HapB said:

egan

I had similar symptoms with Taxol. I could barely move with the bone pain in my hips. Are you getting Hercpetin? I get those shooting pains in my head now and only on Herceptin presently.

I am not getting Herceptin.

I am not getting Herceptin. My tumor is HER2 negative. I have also had some shooting pains in my head, and frequent headaches. Not sure what to think. The bone pain that concerns me is in my back and jaw.

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Egan

I had the same shooting pains in my head and all over my body was excruciating pain. Tell you doctor. It was very frustrating to me that my MO told me that bone pains were not a side effect of Taxol! BS!