scanxiety

Options
Deanie0916
Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member

I would appreciate good thoughts, vibes, prayers as I go in a couple of weeks for my second follow up appoitnment since surgery to remove my left kidhey last year aroound this time. Six months ago on the first follow up they found a very small "cyst" on my right kidney.I will have a CT scan this time. I am thankful that they know to keep an eye on that cyst and if it does start growing, we will all know it right away. I an't help worrying about it though. Thanks for letting me vent a bit. God bless you all.

Comments

• BoondockSaint
    BoondockSaint Member Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2017 #2
    Options
    The worry is totally

The worry is totally understandable. We just went thru it but as you said......you are under a watchful eye these days. 

My wifes ct's also noted a cyst on her right kidney as well that was present on her initial ct's that found the little "Demon" in the first place.

plenty of good vibes and well wishes from us.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Options
    Worrying will drive you nuts

Just remind yourself that there is not a single thing that you can do for yourself that is more proactive in your care. In a worse case scenario you will identify any problems and be able to address them almost immediately. I refuse to let scans worry me. Many times others have posted that anyone who says they aren't afraid is lieing. I  deny this. Most of the time I need reminders that I have scans scheduled and which ones they are. I've done this for so long now that sometimes I get angry that I am still going through this.

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2017 #4
    Options
    I concur with Fox

I'm with foxhd.  Except for the getting angry part, I look forward to the time in the scanner: it's a nice, forced, relaxing break from a busy day.

• foroughsh
    foroughsh Member Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Your feeling is

Your feeling is understandable

I'm sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way.

Waiting for your next topic with NED news

Forough

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Wishing and praying

That good news is coming your way

• Deanie0916
    edited September 2017 #7
    Options
    I am very grateful to say that Uncle NED

is visiting for the next six months, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    edited September 2017 #8
    Options
    Sorry for your anxiety. For

Sorry for your anxiety. For what its worth, i have had a cyst that went with my kidney and one remains on my remaining kidney. Its been there 3.5 years I have been NED.

Fox is right. Tell me, how does worrying help? If you are a person of faith, my mother used to say, "Worrying is an insult to God." LOL

I always get the radiologist's report right away. That way I am prepared and ready to ask pertinent questions, or feel relieved for sure.

We're here for you, Deanie, all the way. Remember that okay?

Sending you calm serenity with HOPE in your heart!

Jan

• JerzyGrrl
    JerzyGrrl Member Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I am very grateful to say that Uncle NED

is visiting for the next six months, thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Happy...

Dancing, for and with you!

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    edited September 2017 #10
    Options
    I have just been told I have

I have just been told I have rcc in my left kidney. I also have a 6cm cyst and a few others on the same kidney. To add to that I too have a cyst on the other kidney. Hopefully it is the same for you.....just a cyst!!!!

• Deanie0916
    Options
    Thank you all

for your kind thoughts and good advice. Fox always reminds me of the futile nature of worrying. Jan thanks for reminding me of what worry is when I am supposed to be trusting in God. Love you all you have been such a great support to me. Glad to be on the NED side of things for the next 6 months and hopefully beyond that. I did find out there is a small nodule on my lung as well. We will wait and see. In the meantime I am involved in walking four half marathons in a five week period to benefit kids in India that are affected with and by HIV and AIDs. I finished the first race last week, have the second tomorrow. Then a week break and three and four the last part of October. Whew. I am really noticing the changes in my body since the surgery. Okay now that I have typed too much, I will go. I appreciate this community so much. God bless y'all.