After chemo

Mzsmith9
Mzsmith9 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2017 in Breast Cancer #1

I completed chemo one month ago and my muscles in my legs and arms are still so sore. I know everyone is different but I was curious if this is common? I am also trying to figure out if it's best to rest or exercise to help with my soreness...

Comments

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Mzsmith9

I don't know if you are on Tamoxifen or an AI, but if you are, that would contribute to muscle soreness. It takes a lot of time for your body to recover from chemo and radiation. Exercise is great if it is gently , like walking or gentle stretching, or yoga. No weight lifting, etc. just build up slowly.  Some hospitals have exercise programs for cancer survivors or some Y's have special programs for cancer survivors. 

I hope you feel better soon!

• Mzsmith9
    Mzsmith9 Member Posts: 2
    HapB said:

Mzsmith9

I don't know if you are on Tamoxifen or an AI, but if you are, that would contribute to muscle soreness. It takes a lot of time for your body to recover from chemo and radiation. Exercise is great if it is gently , like walking or gentle stretching, or yoga. No weight lifting, etc. just build up slowly.  Some hospitals have exercise programs for cancer survivors or some Y's have special programs for cancer survivors. 

I hope you feel better soon!

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much!