Husband diagnosed with retroperitoneal liposarcoma

Options

My husband was diagnosed with retroperitoneal liposarcoma September 2016. It came back June of 2017. He is now going through chemo and radiation. Something suspicious has shown up on his MRI. There is an accumulation of water but also a 1 inch or so diameter growth that the doctors are trying to figure out. He has an appointment with his oncologist this Thursday.

I have been able to remain positive throughout but with the recurrence, his sickness from the treatment and the uncertainty of this "growth" I find myself wanting to cry whenever I am near him. I know I need to remain strong but I just get so scared sometimes. I don't want to lose him. We have been married for only a year and have been friends for over 10 years. I always imagined ourselves traveling and growing old together. The depression hits me so hard sometimes. I do my best to not show him how terrible I feel but it just seems to be getting increasingly difficult with every MRI that he has.

Are there any caretakers out there who have any words of encouragement? I could sure use some.

I want to focus on the possibility that he could be one of the ones in the 20% group that can beat his particular type of cancer.