Scananxiety

Options
tanda
tanda Member Posts: 174 Member

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/875634

good article on scan anxiety

Drs finally realizing what all cancer patients and others have known for a very long time!!

Comments

• Wisteria83
    Wisteria83 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Scanxiety

Hi Tanda...you responded to my comment on Wellzen's post (New) regarding this, so thank you for directing members here to this post.

I read the article and it was very good. Thank you so much for posting it, because it explains quite a bit.

After that last treatment, some of us get to bang a gong, ring a bell or some such thing.  In my case, when I shuffled out of the rad treatment room, I was met with a flurry of bubbles from bubble guns and applause from the techs all standing there waiting for me with big smiles on their faces.  The only thing missing was popping a cork from a bottle of champagne.  Although I was appreciative that they went to the trouble of doing it, I felt like crap physically and wasn't much in the mood to celebrate.  I felt like such a fraud because I managed to plaster a smile on my face to match theirs even though smiling was just about the last thing I felt like doing.  I just wanted to change back into my clothes and bug out for home because I was in so much pain from the burns.

Having anal cancer, not only do we get "Scanxiety," but we also get to have DRE's and Anoscopies(Not sure if that's the correct spelling for the plural) and I haven't heard about a new word being invented to describe the emotions that go along with those things.  There should be one.