2»

Comments

• rsp
    rsp Member Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    alee1700 said:

Trental

Hello rsp, 

How are you. I saw your message regarding your husband's usage of Trental and Vitamin E in treating fibrosis.

My wife has been suffering from debilitating symptoms resulting from LT radiation toxicity (treatment of nasopharyngeal cancer) resulting in spasms, palpitations, and chronoc pain.  I live close to NYC and have reached out to many oncologists about using Trental/VitE or Avastin, but no one seems to have heard of such an approach.  I was hoping if you could be so kind as to share any doctor's name at Johns Hopkins who you may know that has prescribed trental for fibrosis before. My sincerest gratitude in advance. 

Warmest regards,

Andrew

Trental

Hi Andrew,

Sorry I am just seeing this.  I have been on vacation and did not look at my computer for over a week.

My husband was prescribed the Trental by Dr. Harry Quan at Johns Hopkins.  Dr. Quan is THE BEST and we are so pleased with his knowledge.  My husband was given the Trental/Vit. E to treat his cronic inflamation after being treated for SCC on his tongue.  He went through 34 radiation treatments and 6 chemo treatments. Unfortunately, he is still taking a break from it as it gave him flu like symptoms.  He hopes to get back on it soon.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Renae

• MissBlueEyes4Life
    Options
    My jaw is definitely stiff

My jaw is definitely stiff when I try to open it wide. The simple exercise of moving your jaw side to side helps quite a bit.