Hit the six year mark as of 22 Aug 2017

Options
txtrisha55
txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that it is a doable thing.  I just hit six years after last chemo treatment on Tuesday, 22 Aug 2017.  I had stage 3c1 grade 3 carcinoma sarcoma uterine cancer.  DX in April 2011, complete hysterectomy and then six rounds of carbo/Taxol chemo treatment.  I was 54 when I found out but turn 55 in July.  I just turned 61.  Still working and feeling good, except for arthritis in my knees.

I still get on line and read but do not post much anymore.  Still praying for everyone old and the new ones.  Miss all the ones that have passed on.  Wishing everyone the best.

By the way does anyone know how to get to a new friend request to review and accept.  I have tried going to all the places and I cannot find it.  Thanks.  trish

Comments

• Kvdyson
    Kvdyson Member Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for such a

Thank you so much for such a wonderfully hopeful post, Trish. Carcinosarcoma is always referred to as such an aggressive form of cancer so it's wonderful to hear the true-life stories of any of us who have gotten that diagnosis, had treatment and made it back to living a "normal" life. Wishing you continued NED and happiness! Kim

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Trish, Great to hear from you

Trish, Great to hear from you. Long term news keeps all of us hopeful. Congrats!

I don't know how to do the friend request on this site either. sorry....

Have a wonderful year.

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    great news

Congradulations, that is quite an accomplishment, I hope you celebrate 

Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann

• MAbound
    MAbound Member Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    So good to hear this!

Everyone needs to hear this kind of news both during and after treatment. It's such a great source of motivation to keep at the treatments and all of the numerous follow-up tests and appointments that come afterwards. Right now I feel like I am living my life in three month increments and it can be a challange at times. I so look forward to when I can share my long term anniversaries, but in the meantime....thanks for the update!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited August 2017 #6
    Options
    Congrats, Trish

You were posting a lot when I joined 5+ years ago and reading what you had to say helped me a lot. Thanks. 

• txtrisha55
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  Main reason

Thanks everyone.  Main reason I stopped posting was that I really did not have much to say in form of waht to do next.  I did not change my eating habits, did not start an exercise program, still worked, still worried about family, still took care of my family,  I did not go with health foods, did nto stop sugar, did not stop meat, did not stop taking my supplements,  I have high blood presure and cholestrol, overweight but still have made this far with no recurrance.  I do not have anything except to say I took everything with a grain of salt, I try to keep a postiive attitude, and do not sweat the small stuff anymore.  If I have the ability to change the outcome then I will try to do so but if it is out of my hands then do not worry about it.  I cannot give advise about radiation because I did nto have any.  I took the carbo./taxol and had no problems. Why me over others, luck?  I do not know but I morn those that have passed. I pray for those with cancer new and old, and pray for those with recurrances.  My family tells others that I beat this thing but I tell those same people no, I just am NED and clear at this time.  I do not dwell on the other shoe dropping but it is always in the back of my mind. 

I know none of us have an expiration date stamped on us so I will continue to fight on and I talk with a lot of women here in Dallas and tell them if they think they have a problem go to the doctor, if they do not like the answer get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion.  Tell a dr finds out what is going on.  I refer them to UTSW hospital and the Cancer Center there if they need it. trish

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    edited August 2017 #8
    Options

Thanks everyone.  Main reason

Thanks everyone.  Main reason I stopped posting was that I really did not have much to say in form of waht to do next.  I did not change my eating habits, did not start an exercise program, still worked, still worried about family, still took care of my family,  I did not go with health foods, did nto stop sugar, did not stop meat, did not stop taking my supplements,  I have high blood presure and cholestrol, overweight but still have made this far with no recurrance.  I do not have anything except to say I took everything with a grain of salt, I try to keep a postiive attitude, and do not sweat the small stuff anymore.  If I have the ability to change the outcome then I will try to do so but if it is out of my hands then do not worry about it.  I cannot give advise about radiation because I did nto have any.  I took the carbo./taxol and had no problems. Why me over others, luck?  I do not know but I morn those that have passed. I pray for those with cancer new and old, and pray for those with recurrances.  My family tells others that I beat this thing but I tell those same people no, I just am NED and clear at this time.  I do not dwell on the other shoe dropping but it is always in the back of my mind. 

I know none of us have an expiration date stamped on us so I will continue to fight on and I talk with a lot of women here in Dallas and tell them if they think they have a problem go to the doctor, if they do not like the answer get a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion.  Tell a dr finds out what is going on.  I refer them to UTSW hospital and the Cancer Center there if they need it. trish

Trish, my friend!  So good to

Trish, my friend!  So good to hear from you.  So happy you came to share your news.

• txtrisha55
    edited August 2017 #9
    Options

Trish, my friend!  So good to

Trish, my friend!  So good to hear from you.  So happy you came to share your news.

How  are you doing?  Still at

How  are you doing?  Still at the same job?  Any chance of moving to Texas again? Trish  

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Hi Trish:

Thanks for posting - it was good to hear from you. So happy and glad to hear that you made it to the 6 year mark - what a feat and an accomplishment - congratulations on making it to 6 years with No reoccurrence.  I go back and see my oncologist in November as my blood levels have been normal since May from my reoccurrence from last October so I have NOT needed chemo.  I am so Very grateful and thankful thus far. I feel very lucky and fortunate and blessed that I have been able to beat this beast back since December and all of this year as my immune system kicked it out. I don't know what the future holds as my oncologist wants me to get a Pet Scan done in October - so I will see where I go from there. I am hoping for the best outcome for sure.  I did have a port put in last November and I do get it flushed every so many weeks. So for now I am waiting and enjoying my life.  I do post on the board when I have news after I see my oncologist. So for now it is every 3 months that I go and see him.  Anyway, all the best for the future!  

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Trish!

Fantastic!   Doing the happy dance!  So nice to hear from you.

Kathy

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Great news

So good to know you are still NED.  Keep checking in with your encouraging news!

Suzanne

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great news Trish!

Great news Trish!

• Nellasing
    Nellasing Member Posts: 528 Member
    edited August 2017 #14
    Options
    Excellent!

Happy Dance!!!  Thanks for letting us know!   (((HUGS)))

• janaes
    janaes Member Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I love to here this.  Thank

I love to here this.  Thank you for sharing

• Cass83
    Cass83 Member Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Yay!

Thank you for posting! It gives everyone more hope to see others that have survived it, and for 6 years now! Good for you! PTL :)

• EZLiving66
    EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    I was so glad to read this

I was so glad to read this Trish.  I love reading the positive stories - really gives a person hope that there is a future living with cancer.

Love,

Eldri

• rcdeman
    rcdeman Member Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2017 #18
    Options
    HI Trish,

HI Trish,

Very happy you are still NED and doing well. Your story gives hope and encouragement to everyone on this board. :) I'm so glad you decided to update us with some positive news as we are in sore need of it.

Love,
    Rebecca

• Jairoldi
    Jairoldi Member Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2017 #19
    Options
    Great news

It really is encouraging to hear that you reached such an important milestone.