just had open partial nephrectomy

2»

Comments

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    I'd question

that too, Nephro.  I'd ask--pretty agressive if needed to be scanned every six months initially.  After you get a few scans under your belt and hear the words "all clear" then annual scans are proper protocol.  This is a sneaky cancer and you want to be on top if it early.  Glad everything went well.  Take it easy and listen to your body during your recovery.  Walk as much as you can and rest.

Take care--

Stub

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Hi

hope you are feeling a little bit better.. it must be great to have that bit over..I only found out a week ago so long way to go

how is the pain

what did the surgeon say

size was your friend

• Wehavenotimeatall
    Wehavenotimeatall Member Posts: 488 Member
    Or enemy ... mortal enemy I

Or enemy ... mortal enemy I should say

• Retcenturion
    Retcenturion Member Posts: 240 Member
    Schedule of Follow up

Hey Nephro...hope your feeling better today.

My surgeon gave me the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Guidlines for Kidney Cancer : https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/kidney/index.html#1

Long document but from Path Report and staging you can see the guidelines we are following .I am scheduled  for first bloodwork & scan mid October. Hope this helps.

• hardo718
    hardo718 Member Posts: 853 Member
    edited August 2017 #26
    Welcome Nephroman!

The abdominal gas pains can definitely be worse than the surgical sites.  Walking will help alleviate that, so even if you're just walking around in the house, get moving a little at a time and work your way back to your normal.  Best wishes heading your way.  And good luck with the pathology report.  Keep us posted.

God Bless,

Donna~