Hearing loss from chemo

Kcirelli
Kcirelli Member Posts: 2

Comments

• Kcirelli
    Kcirelli Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017 #2
    I c

Good morning,  my name is Karin and I am trying to adjust to my new norms.  I am so fortunate that my cancer was caught early, but the effects of the chemo are so severe-even now.  Does anyone out there have hearing loss?  I don't know whether to shop for aids or wait to see if it gets better.  Thanks so much for any input.

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited August 2017 #3
    Kcirelli

I had that during mine and after.  Many people will experience hearing problems and such due to chemo. 

Mine was some loss but mainly pain.  I went to ENT and audiologist and it was determined my hearing was good, however the chemo had really irritated my sinus, the nerves in my ears, my throat  (soft tissue damage)  It is still healing but it is better.  They cannot tell me if it will ever fully go away.   SE of chemo bite   See a ENT, they are very informative.  

Hugs for better outcomes and healing,

Annie

• trak 2
    trak 2 Member Posts: 2
    ear ringing

Chemo for breast cancer ended a year ago. For approximately the past six months, I had a loud ringing in my ears; alot of people sounded like Minnie Mouse to me!! I was afraid this reaction, along with so many others attributed to the chemo, was going to be a forever thing. I was very relieved that , about a month ago, the ringing disappeared, along with the extreme fatigue and slurring my words!! - For those of you experiencing similar symptoms after chemo, there is hope!! Time just may have you feeling strong again and much more like yourself!! Stay strong, you are Not alone!! 

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Kcirelli

i can tell you that the hearing loss and ear ringing can last forever. I had my first chemo 6 years ago and I still have impaired hearing and ear ringing that I never had prior to treatments,