Biotin success after taxotere - yeah!

Options
Teach76
Teach76 Member Posts: 351 Member

I had finished my chemo in November 2015 (taxotere and cytoxin).  When my hair returned, I was satisfied with its progress.  Then I was given Armidex in July 2016 and switched to Femara(Letrizole) because of SE.  Sadly I began to see the crown of my head get thinner and thinner.  I added Biotin to my pillbox for each day, and after 8 months I can actually say that I am seeing new growth in the front.

i know that not all here have had positive experiences, and I am not saying this will be a permanent fix for me either.  I am just sharing to say that sometimes it does not hurt to try something that may help, and right now I am glad that I continued over these months.  Again, six months from now I may be pulling it out of the drain, but I will rejoice in the possibility of at least looking better for my daughter's wedding in October!

Thanks to all who share their experiences.  I always know I am not alone in my concerns and crazy goals.

Kathy

Comments

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    Hair

Kathy, I am glad to hear that something works. I am getting very concerned about the lack of new hair growth. I hate to take another pill, but hair is important!  

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Kathy

You go girl, awesome!

Annie

• 626warrior
    626warrior Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi- I'm new to CSN and tag

Hi- I'm new to CSN and tag line caught my attention! I had my last chemo treatment on 6/16 and have a head full of "peach fuzz". Can you tell me the amount of mcg's /dosage of Biotin youve been taking. Thanks!