IDC stage 1

Jen1988
Jen1988 Member Posts: 36

Hi,

My sister was just dx with IDC last week. The tumor size is 1 cm. We have not met with the oncologist yet, but we assume from the tumor size and grade on the biopsy result paper being stage 1. Would you share what kind of treatment for Stage 1 low grade IDC?

Thank you,

Comments

• Beepositive
    Beepositive Member Posts: 259 Member
    TO Jen1988

not sure on the treatments ..it varies..let the drs give her options...blessed she found it at early stages!!!

Best wishes with everything for your sister you and your family!!!

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    edited August 2017 #3
    Hap is right

you cant go by size or stage.  many many factor with breast cancer.  Praying you get good news and positive outcomes.

Hugs,

Annie

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    edited August 2017 #4
    My sister a little over a year ago was stage 1

She was given a lumpectomy, 33 rads,  5-10 years of Arimadex.

She got 2 more 2nd opinions, one agreed, one said with my history it was her decision. But I was only 42

wirh dx it was stage one, then after mastectomy, stage 2.  And I had other issues with the cervical cancer at 21 & 22, hemoraging and hysterectomy at 30, endometriosis, etc the list went on.

I am now stage 4 and she is doing great. She has 59 at dx.  I was 52 at relapse.

we are all so different even TJ the same

family.

i wish you the best,

Carol

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    edited August 2017 #5
    Jen

Hi Jen, I am sorry about your sister.  There is more to breast cancer diagnosis and treatment determination than stage. There are many differrent treatment protocols depending on the specifics of the tumor. There is much to learn and once they tell you the nature of the tumor, you can research treatments. Some tumors are more aggressive than other regardless of size of the tumor.

• Jen1988
    Jen1988 Member Posts: 36
    Dear All,

Dear All,

thank you for the info and warm support. I pray for everyone in this board who are still in fight with cancer to have NED soon.

Also for all in remission to keep having a good result