Endometriosis

Options

I'm new to this so please bear with me! I know endometriosis isn't cancer, but it mimics it and most of the time leads to ovarian cancer. I was diagnosed with stage 4 in 2015. Had lap surgery then to remove the cysts, lesions and adhesions. I just came back from my doctor and was not expecting to be scheduling a complete hysterectomy. Its come back with a vengeance and is worse than it was 2 years ago. I'm 33 years old. Can anyone give me some feedback/opinions about their experience with hormone replacement therapy? I'm a bit freaked out by what I've been reading on the internet and would rather hear it straight from a woman who has experienced it! Thank you! 

Kay 

Comments

• ClaCla
    ClaCla Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Kayb327

Hi Kay, sorry your doctor is recommending a complete hysterectomy.  Do you think you should get a second opinion?  I have not been through this, but wanted you to know that there are people on this site that do care about what you're going through.  Perhaps you should post in the Uterine Cancer section, where lots of people will have experience with hysterectomies.  Also, Inspire.com deals with other problems, not only cancer, so you might get answers there too.  I can tell you that a close friend had a complete hysterectomy recently for similar reasons, and she seems more hormonally balanced now than before the surgery when she was in perimenopause.  I know this is really hard, but you'll walk through it and be okay.  Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

• jorola
    jorola Member Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    go to this site

http://www.hystersisters.com

Think this site will be helpful to you. Was to me when I hadmy hysterectomy last October.