Cancer/Chemo Theme song?

2»

Comments

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2017 #22
    Bathroom on the Right - CCR
    Credence Clearwater Revival (CCR) was one of my favorite bands in the late 60's, although my political orientation differed from their's.  The title of this song was/is Bad Moon Rising and it was a protest song, believe it or not.

As is the case with so many songs, you can't clearly hear and discern the lyrics.  Same with this one.  What happended over time was that people interpreted the last verse incorrectly and as a joke changed it to..."there's a bathroom on the right." 

As we struggle with the effects of chemicals and radiation and surgery, the location of the closest bathroom has become very important.  Maybe Dan and John Fogerty penned those lyrics with two meanings knowing that colorectal cancer survivors needed to know such things.  Thanks Credence for the info!

"I see a bad moon a-rising
    I see trouble on the way
    I see earthquakes and lightnin'
    I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight
    It's bound to take your life
    There's a bad moon on the rise"

It seems that I can't write a simple post without including a snipet from a song.  For example, I just realized that I paraphrased a lyric from Led Zep..."'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings."

Jim
  • JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

Fight Song

Rachel Platten (not that I would know without the internet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc

Thank you! I should download

Thank you! I should download it on my iPod. But I like happy songs on there for when I'm driving. Or more upbeat songs. I mostly have AC/DC on it. But I also have Crosby, Stills, and Nash's Southern Cross and it almost always makes me cry. Not because of cancer, though.

Jan

• JanJan63

Jimmy Buffet - Changes in Lattitude Changes in Attitude

It's those changes in latitudes,
    changes in attitudes nothing remains quite the same.
    With all of our running and all of our cunning,
    If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

Jimmy Buffet is an escapist - from the heaviness of life.  He has a way with lyrics.  This one has always made a point with me.  If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane and another verse, if we weren't all crazy we would go insane.  Cancer truly is a burden and sometimes laughter is the best medicine.

The only J.B. concert I attended was on the Murray State University campus in 1971.  It cost $3.  The times they sure are changing...opps, there I go again.  That was a Bob Dylan song.

Jim

Thanks for that! An old love

Thanks for that! An old love of mine LOVED Jimmy Buffett so I know all of his stuff. I like much of it. He also played guitar and sang it so you can imagine how often I heard it. He loved the way Jimmy sang about people and loved the idea of that lifestyle. It was the main reason we broke up. He ended up living as a hobo and is currently a long term tenant in a homeless shelter and I have everything I wanted. He'd mock me about wanting the house with the white picket fence. So I guess we both got what we wanted. He's a busker in the city we live near and I've often thought of stopping by but never have.

You took me on a trip down memory lane! Thanks!

Jan

• JanJan63
    NewHere said:

Pet Scan Song

Always cranked Radioactive Imagine Dragons is for PET scans (first part of lyrics below)  Was kind of fun (or whatnot).  Then I did some parodies of other songs in my head.  Thought of Lion and some of the music stuff he had posted.  One day I may record them.  Can do the music, but really not a singer :) Need to convince my old singer it is okay.  I am allowed to do it as a cancer patient.

I'm waking up to ash and dust

I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust

I'm breathing in the chemicals

I'm breaking in, shaping up, then checking out on the prison bus

This is it, the apocalypse, whoa

I'm waking up,

I feel it in my bones (enough) to make my systems blow

Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Welcome to the new age, to the new age

Whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Me too, with the Radioactive

Me too, with the Radioactive song, both of them. There's an older song called Radioactive that was more upbeat. I used to have the album but sold it ages ago. I can't remember who sang it. I think it was from the eighties.

Jan

• JanJan63
    edited August 2017 #26
    Oh my goodness! You guys are

Oh my goodness! You guys are all awesome! The variety of songs is amazing! I love it!

Jan

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2017 #27
    Take it Easy - The Eagles

I remember exactly where I was when I first heard this song (in a physically stressful Army training course).  The Eagles had just released it and it was the beginning of their meteoric music adventure.  It left an impression on me then and it still does today while I endure yet another physically stressful situation.  This verse was most applicable.

"We may lose and we may win though
    we will never be here again"

This too shall pass.  Life is about changing; nothing ever stays the same.  Opps, another plagarism on my part.   That verse came from a song by Patty Loveless - How Can I Help You Say Goodbye.

Jim