Tuesday was last day of chemo, knock on wood

HeatherAL
HeatherAL Member Posts: 8 Member

I completed my 6 cycles of chemo this past Tuesday. Between steroids and excitement I have a lot of sleep to catch up on. My CA125 numbers have come back 10 or less for the past 5 cycles. But still anxious about the scan in 3 weeks. I have never felt stronger and more empowered in my life and I plan on grabbing life by the balls in a couple of weeks when I get over some of these side effects. My life has been forever changed. I know the chance of recurrence is there but I need to keep as positive as possible and pray for peace and ease of mind so I don't let any precious moments get taken over by anxiety and worry. What a journey! Thanks to all you wonderful folks on this board and wishing you all the best!

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    HeatherAL, I am not the only

HeatherAL, I am not the only one who reads your message and is CHEERING YOU ON!  Best advice I ever got was from the nurse at my gyn onc's office:  Go and LIVE!

• bettyboop3917
    bettyboop3917 Member Posts: 45
    Great out look

What a great out look you have on this. Cheering you on

• Angie5295
    Angie5295 Member Posts: 1
    Congrats on finishing chemo.

Congrats on finishing chemo. Keep the positive attitude, I hear it's half the battle. I try to stay positive at all times, it's hard and we all have our moments, but the important thing is to keep praying and stay encouraged.  Good luck with your next scan. 

• Mare215
    Mare215 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2017 #5
    Congratulations!

Congratulations and you are inspiring!!!!