Cervical Cancer stage 4

Options

I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma of the Cervix stage IV on October 29, 2015. The same day my aunt died from Lung Cancer. The following weeks were like a "whirlwind." Everything was happening so fast, didn't have time to think or even breathe! On December 3, 2015 I had a chemo port implanted to start Chemotherapy. On December 4, 2015, I started chemotherapy; I was given three chemo drugs, took about 3 1/2. I had 6 cycles total. Then in June of 2016 I started a series of radiation therapy plus chemo, that lasted until July of 2016. I stopped the chemo, but continued with Radiation Therapy, my body couldn't take the chemo anymore. I was tired of treatment, I felt weak due to the treatment, and I lost alot of weight. 

In August of 2016 I was give an respite vacation by "For Pete's Sake," organization to Orlando Florida. Best get-away vacation I ever had in my life. No doctors, no appointments, no chemo, no radiation. Seven days of peace and relaxation. I came back refreshed, renewed, I had a new upbeat attitude toward my treatment! I was ready to tackle anything that came my way!

September 2016, I was in remission! Yippee! But I was kept on chemo for "maintenance," purposes.

Unfortunately, last month July 5th of 2017, I found out my cancer came back! Recurring Cancer! UGH! 

My Oncologist said normal procedure for recurring cervical cancer is to have a Pelvic Exenteration done! Are you kidding me! I begged for a second options.

So next week on August 8th, 2017 I will be having a Radical Hysterectomy done, with the removal of pelvic lymph node dissection. 

This is my story, thus far! I will keep everyone posted regarding the outcome of my surgery next week! 

Blessing! 

Comments

• babe12
    babe12 Member Posts: 103
    Options

Red Sea, you have really been through hell! I had to have a posterior pelvic exenteration in 2012. It's a big surgery, but here I am, out on the other side. It's scary as hell when they start taking to you about it. I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery, you will be in my thoughts & prayers!

babe

• redsea317
    redsea317 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    babe12 said:

Red Sea, you have really been through hell! I had to have a posterior pelvic exenteration in 2012. It's a big surgery, but here I am, out on the other side. It's scary as hell when they start taking to you about it. I wish you the best on your upcoming surgery, you will be in my thoughts & prayers!

babe

thank you!

Thank you so much! yes, my surgery went very well, but at the present time they have me doing Brachytherapy radiation and Chemo, UGH! So I am taking it one day at a time! 

• hope4acure3
    hope4acure3 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I have stage 3b cervical cancer and am post treatment. I am in the waiting period to see if my cancer is gone. Most days I am positive and have all this hope. Other days, like today, I have fear and see no future for myself. I hate this! I hate that any of us have cancer and what it and the treatment has done to our bodies. I have been having recurring pain in my bowels and now I am having strong lower back pain and pain in my upper thighs. I just want to cry but am trying to stay calm for my spouse who just doesn't understand my fears and that there are days I have very little hope. I am so sorry you have had to endure this. I hope all goes well for you now that your surgery is over.