Does This Sound like a Brain Tumor?

Nmarien67
Nmarien67 Member Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site so not sure how this works but... I've been having weird symptoms happening to me for almost a year now. I'm 23 years old and sometime last year my first symptom was vertigo. I began getting vertigo almost everyday to the point that I had to leave  momentarily during school exams, it was affecting my performance at school greatly. Almost a year later I do still get vertigo. When I first started getting vertigo I also was experiencing a ringing/buzzing in my ear once in awhile. It was strange and every loud noise, like my dog barking, made my head feel awful like it was being zapped I guess(this still happens). I've been scrambling my words while texting pretty often, like typing sentences out of order when I read the texts back. A couple months ago I was on my way to my dads house and I forgot my surroundings and which road I needed to turn on although I've been there hundreds of times and I ended up a lot further than I needed to be. that was weird. Then a few weeks ago I crashed my car in my own driveway because I mixed up the gas and the break(I'm 23 and have never crashed my car till  then). I get headaches everydaY and it's hard to describe but I get this like chilled sensation in my head lately. I'm having major mood swings which is unlike me.  I'm worried and don't know what's going on with me. I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple weeks but figured I'd ask some people that maybe have gone through this. Does this sound like it could be a brain tumor......? Thanks everyone. 

Comments

• kim1971
    kim1971 Member Posts: 4
    Ringing in ears

This could possibly be something as simple as meniere's syndrome. However, the only way to know for sure is to get an MRI. My husband was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor but his presented with some weird subtle smells that he ignored then he had a gran mal seizure. No jumbling his words or disorinttation etc. In the ER they did a CAT scan and said they saw something so we got an MRI and that was it. Symtoms of a brain tumor not only mimic other conditions, they are different for each person. It depends where it is, how big it is what type it is etc. Good luck and I'm hoping for the best for you. 

• Sten
    Sten Member Posts: 162 Member
    edited August 2017 #3
    Only doctors can tell

Hi Nmarien67,

Your symptoms can be due to a variety of problems.

It is good that you have an appointment with a neurologist.

Good luck!

Sten